Brake and Gas pedal....

DBLXX

:
CX-5
I have never experienced this before but...my foot keeps hitting the other while depressing.

Is it me or is there less space between them? Maybe it's because in a car you sit lower and press in and the MX-5 you sit up and press more down?

clownshoes.jpg

Maybe it's the shoes you're wearing?

clownshoes.jpg

Maybe it's the shoes you're wearing?

LOL! I resemble that remark.

Seriously though, I've had size 13 shoes/boots since I was 18 years old and, while a number of cars have felt tight, I adjusted very quickly. On the CX-5 there was no adjustment period, it just worked (coming directly from Volvo's largest sedan, the S80 and an F-150).

I've even driven it through a snowstorm with my alpine ski boots on without issue (although to be fair, they are very lightweight alpine-touring boots). Still, they are stiff w/thermo molded plastic shell and liner. No issues.

I had this issue when I first got the car 3 years ago, but I adjusted very quickly and it stopped happening for me within probably a week or so.

This happens to me; bumping into the brake pedal while I'm coming off of the accelerator. Only happens when I'm wearing dress shoes which have a wider sole. I find it a little annoying, but I got used to it. I'm a leggy 6'2" with size 11.5 so it probably also has something to do with angle of foot to pedal as even with the seat all the way back my legs have to be bent and my foot ends up angled to the right instead of going straight on.

Thanks everyone.....

And funny you say C J - the only time I drive the CX-5 is when I am wearing dress shoes.

Need to try sneakers....

Latest posts

Back