a screw is rolling around somewhere in the cargo....can't find it!!!

Pablorce

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
I transported a dissembled table and a screw managed to slip away into the bowels of the hatch. I hear it roll around when ever i make relatively hard turns or stops. its rolling around on metal and ive taken out the spare tire and those foam supports looking around nooks and crannies but i still can't seem to find this damn thing. has anyone else been in a similar situation or have any ideas on how to find this plague screw?

Its probably behind the trim. You can remove it by removing the plastic push tabs, a few pillips screws and the 10mm bolts that hold the cargo hooks. About 2 screws, 2 or 4 10mm bolts, if you need to the side out all the way, and about 4 or so push tabs. If you want I can make a video showing what to remove.

I transported a dissembled table and a screw managed to slip away into the bowels of the hatch. I hear it roll around when ever i make relatively hard turns or stops. its rolling around on metal and ive taken out the spare tire and those foam supports looking around nooks and crannies but i still can't seem to find this damn thing. has anyone else been in a similar situation or have any ideas on how to find this plague screw?

LOL... FOD!!!!

The aerospace solution is to rotate it end-for-end and shake it so the FOD falls out. Then trace the FOD to it's owner and throw the book at him! LOL

The BETTER solution is not let it happen in the first place!

The screw is doubtless ferrous, i.e., magnetic: maybe get hold of a powerful alnico or neodymium magnet, attach it to a cord and drag it around in the suspect areas?

I feel for ya... gotta find it...

Last edited:
Improper use of the how to section, again :| It is to tell how to do something not ask how do I do something

Improper use of the how to section, again :| It is to tell how to do something not ask how do I do something

Maybe I (and MANY others) just missed it. Where exactly on this site does it say the proper use of this section? Just trying to understand how you know what this section is for and not for. :-/

Its probably behind the trim. You can remove it by removing the plastic push tabs, a few pillips screws and the 10mm bolts that hold the cargo hooks. About 2 screws, 2 or 4 10mm bolts, if you need to the side out all the way, and about 4 or so push tabs. If you want I can make a video showing what to remove.

Please that would be so helpful! Explain it like I'm five.

Sorry Ride92 if I'm posting this to the wrong area. I'm not sure how to find this screw and suspected It might take some disassembly and thought the how-to section would show me how.

This Forum could have a better layout as to Stickies and explanations of thread topics, but I take this sub-forum as a "How To Install New Horns", "How To Install Grill Bug Screen", etc...

I think a better name for this Forum would be 'DIY' for people to list their personal CX-5 projects, hacks and tweaks.

"Lounge" is a bit vague for me, too. "CX-5 Garage" might be a better name for general questions and subject matter. Lounge seems like a place where you talk about beer and bewbies.

Please that would be so helpful! Explain it like I'm five.

Sorry Ride92 if I'm posting this to the wrong area. I'm not sure how to find this screw and suspected It might take some disassembly and thought the how-to section would show me how.

Maybe I (and MANY others) just missed it. Where exactly on this site does it say the proper use of this section? Just trying to understand how you know what this section is for and not for. :-/

I'm curious why there isn't a "How Do I?" section.

OMG... if someone actually answered the question it would become a 'How To' and off-topic in the 'How Do I'.

What a conundrum.

Back