GPS/clock issue

Brucie66

:
'10 CX-9 GT/AWD. Blue/black int.
Hey guys.... I have a 2010 AWD GT. I'm having issues with GPS and clock. Keeps losing signal and freezing, at the same time the clock jumps 5 hrs. Once the signal returns the clock goes back to proper time.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Bruce

Did you try turning OFF "Auto Time Zone" ? I'm not familiar with the 2010 navigation system but I believe if this option is ON it will couple the clock to whatever time zone the GPS signal is, once the GPS signal is lost, it defaults to the original factory time zone, GMT time zone? And thus the clock jumps 5 hours ahead.

Once GPS is re-established the clock will show your correct time zone.

Try turning OFF the "Auto Time Zone" and it should decouple the clock from the GPS, I don't believe you need this option ON all the time unless you do cross country frequently where you cross multiple time zones.

Basically, right now it's a "smart clock" being controlled by the GPS.
by turning "Auto Time Zone" OFF, the clock becomes a run of the mill simple dumb clock that you control manually.

Last edited:
Thanks! Took care of clock issue....still losing map data/GPS signal. Never had an issue until last month. Replaced car battery and all appropriate fuses.

Latest posts

Back