Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Build Thread

Registered Member

2013 Mazda3 Skyactiv

Holy crap. Amazing attention to detail. Circuit, I'm sorry honey but you've been beat for thoroughness lol.

BC ER Custom | Swift | Corksport| Hotchkis | Stoptech
    18x10.5 +18/+20 Enkei NT03+M | Bridgestone RE-11 285/30/18
    ZG Flares | GTSpec | Garage Vary | Voltex | PCI

03 Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by color0 View Post
    Holy crap. Amazing attention to detail. Circuit, I'm sorry honey but you've been beat for thoroughness lol.
    Oh I know lol. He's been around a lot longer than I and definitely taught me a few things.

Donated: $10

Completely Stock P5

Quote Originally Posted by color0 View Post

Thanks so much! I admire Circuits build as well, that's the great thing about these cars is that they're so unique these days, it's great to have as many quality builds as we can get.

Completely stock... (lol)

Completely Stock P5

Sorry it's been awhile since the last update. Had a bad snowboarding accident and ended up breaking my hip and my back.

Ended up buying the requisite fittings, and building lines to finish up the oil system. The oil comes out of the block, into the regulator, the excess pressure is then dumped back into the sump. The regulated oil continues into the remote filter, and from there back up into the block. The turbo pulls clean oil directly from the filter assembly.

I made sure to use proper line brackets and spacers for a truly "factory" look. Notice also the red accents on the lines. Subtle but sweet.

I had to use the alternator belt tensioning bolt to mount a line bracket, and I ended up breaking it. Mazda wanted $13 for a new one, I decided to make my own and cut threads all the way up a grade 8 metric bolt. Yay.

That's all for now. Once my back heals up a bit I'll make some headway.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Pro5

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Sorry it's been awhile since the last update. Had a bad snowboarding accident and ended up breaking my hip and my back.
    Oh my god. That does not sound fun at all. What happened if you dont mind me asking. I'm an avid snowboarder and this type of thing always scares me.

Completely Stock P5

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie chan View Post
    Oh my god. That does not sound fun at all. What happened if you dont mind me asking. I'm an avid snowboarder and this type of thing always scares me.
    Too much speed off a booter. Cleared the transition and landed on my back. On the flat.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Pro5

Oh boy, haha. I've done that before, not to that extent, but it was an icy hardpack day, and i bruised my tailbone pretty good.

03 Protege5

Holy crap man. Speedy recovery.

Pro5

Did you get to ride the sled?

Registered Member StealthWyvern's Avatar

03.5 YLW MSP

Holy crap nice detail on the work!

Honda S2000

Nice to see you're still working on the Mazda! Keep it up. Just bought another car and came here to reminisce. Great Forum!

Completely Stock P5

With the oil system completed, I could get to work on bolting up some of the rest of the engine parts. A nice little wire bracket will keep all the wires behind the engine free from chafing, and make it look proper.

For the intake manifold, I decided to clean it up a little more than I had. I stripped the paint, and ground off a lot of the extra material that was in the way. Once you've taken away the texture of the factory "cast" finish, it'll never look right again. I decided to give it a very light speckling with some dupli-color trunk paint, and finish it with high temp engine enamel. The end result is a manifold that has that factory texture back.

With the paint dry, the rest of the manifold accessories could be bolted on. After a new gasket was fitted, the manifold was torqued to the head.

Completely Stock P5

With the manifold fitted, I could attach the fittings for the boost gauge, and bracket some of the wires so they look neat.

The polished caps on the catch cans didn't really fit the look of the engine bay anymore, so I decided to brush them. Before (left) and after. With the catch can connected to the AN fitting on the manifold, I could get the hoses looking nice.

I turned my attention to the wastegate. Cleaned, polished, and with the 15psi spring. I use the Haltech boost controller for anything higher.

Completely Stock P5

More misc. wire brackets used to keep everything tidy, and the intake side (non check valve) catch can mounted.

Sumbitch... Exhaust studs always snap off on me. Next project is to remove these bastards, and rebuild the turbo. Nothing especially wrong with the turbo, but with the amount of power I'm demanding from this thing, a rebuild wouldn't hurt. It's been sitting in the basement for close to three years.

Stay tuned for more!

Registered Member

lolmsp lolms3

ga damn everything is looking clean as hell!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast