Anyone in the SF Bay Area familiar with replacing the springs?

JigMD80

JustAverageJay
:
2014 Mazda CX-5
Hey all,

Bought lowering springs for my 2014 CX-5 and need a spring compressor and some guidance on installing them properly. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The H & R springs that lower it 1 1/2 up front and 1 3/4 in the rear. Nothing too drastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice (that's what I have). Just don't forget the follow-up alignment no more than a week after install.

PM me if you need help. I installed my H&R's and recently installed coilovers instead. Also people the H&R's are up for grabs.

Be careful. Chris will tell you that if you don't do it correctly, removing the stock spring can be violent and dangerous. I typically have a buddy help me when I'm swapping out springs. From reading Chris's posts which seem to be in every thread I'm interested in, he's pretty knowledgeable. For other sources though, I'd look outside this forum. You want a bunch of hardcore gear heads willing to post DIY tutorials with photos and step by step spoon fed info. You won't find that here. It's a numbers thing. There just aren't enough people interested in lowering their car. And of that group, people have to be willing to post it all in detail for it to be helpful. Chris is probably your best bet as far as this forum goes and I don't even know the guy.

If you've never done it before and don't have a backup car, I'd recommend just taking it to a place to have it done. Vision Performance in Sunset district of SF will do it for you. Weekdays only. Sonic Motorsport down in South Bay. Also weekdays only.

It's really not that difficult on the CX-5. That's why I gave him the Corksport instructional link in #2 above. It's all he really needs assuming he has a modicum of mechanical skill. Besides, this thread is a month old. OP has no doubt moved on!

Last edited:
Back