2016 infotainment hacks

Buerm009

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
Just got a 2016 cx-5; I've been digging around the internet for weeks trying to figure out how to hack the infotainment version 51.00.351

All I see is old version info. (V31) and it looks like alots changed since then.

Does anyone have any info on the current methods for hacking? I'd love to enable wifi. And disable this annoying startup message.

Thanks!

i start at last post in topics, work back :)

you should already be at V51 with a 2016 ???
have you checked - link below shows how

This is TSB: http://vitalysmobileautodiagnostics.com/15053/mazda-connect-functionality-concerns-2014-2015-mazda3
List all issues fixed
Doesn't mention live traffic, so it was just my imagination

the index topic, stickied at top of forum summarizes most of the info
yes,a lot of the older links are now dead
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ronics/104730-index-infotainment-project.html

if you are at V51, should be able to go directly toV753B bypassing 650, 750 - which still looks like it's available

Last edited:
i start at last post in topics, work back :)

you should already be at V51 with a 2016 ???
have you checked - link below shows how

the index topic, stickied at top of forum summarizes most of the info
yes,a lot of the older links are now dead
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ronics/104730-index-infotainment-project.html

if you are at V51, should be able to go directly toV753B bypassing 650, 750 - which still looks like it's available

ALWAYS back up your existing software

I am currently at v51, you are correct. It was my understanding that all these auto-loading script hacks that can be applied through USB's are matched to specific versions. The only USB hacks I found had mention that they are for v55.00.650....which I am not sure is true or just speculation. There's no really definitive walkthrough so I feel weary about grabbing random files from multiple sources and crossing my fingers they are compatible but then again, maybe I am way off on that.

Perhaps the USB scriptwork for all (most) versions but I don't want to take the risk if I don't know for sure. Maybe someone can confirm or deny?

All I really want to do is enable backgrounds, disable speed restriction, disable the disclaimer, and maybe play video. I don't care about WiFi

I am on v51. I tried almost all of the hack on mazda3hacks.com

The wifi works, but I am not sure what I can do with wifi
Reduce disclaimer auto-dismiss time. works
Disable touch-screen speed restrictionworks
Change background imagenot tried
Change Order of the Audio Source Listworks
Fix the scrubber increment of bluetooth musicnot tried
Changing the default message repliesdoesn't work

I am on v51. I tried almost all of the hack on mazda3hacks.com

The wifi works, but I am not sure what I can do with wifi
Reduce disclaimer auto-dismiss time. works
Disable touch-screen speed restrictionworks
Change background imagenot tried
Change Order of the Audio Source Listworks
Fix the scrubber increment of bluetooth musicnot tried
Changing the default message repliesdoesn't work

Great to know! Thank you. Are you willing and able to privide direct links to the exact hacks you downloaded so i can be confident they will work?

should upgrade software version before the hacks, as any future software update will overwrite them

if you're having difficulty with the software @V51, and upgrading via the Maz3 methods and availability of links, suggest a trip to your dealer for them to apply the upgrade first, then use the hacks to 'edit' the official version

should upgrade software version before the hacks, as any future software update will overwrite them

if you're having difficulty with the software @V51, and upgrading via the Maz3 methods and availability of links, suggest a trip to your dealer for them to apply the upgrade first, then use the hacks to 'edit' the official version

Are there different versions of the hacks that must be run with a certain version of the infotainment system, or do you simply run any version of the hack with any version of infotainment?

FYI
infotainment INDEX topic updated with locations for 55....750.b and 55....753b
AND
composite tweaks install and uninstall - which will be added to index also
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ectronics/57714-infotainment-project-239.html

from reading a page or three back - you can go directly to v55....753b from v51
and the tweaks are applicable for v51 forward to v55....753b

again - suggest to all to read through enough to be comfortable with what you are doing, AND create a backup of your existing software before applying any changes

EDIT: was asked about How to backup existing software - thought i had done that when i upgraded - but can't find anything now :(
so - if you are concerned about bricking your unit - probably shouldn't attempt the software upgrade

the process itself was easy, followed directions, took my time
the TSB is TSB: 09-022/15 - google it and you'll find online instructions

it's not difficult to change software and/or apply tweaks - if in doubt - try the dealership for the software
the tweaks come with go-back files so less risk there

Last edited:
Back