Skyactiv Intake Valve carbon build up - Anyone taken a look at intake valves?

Old thread but I wanted to bring up something I've experienced in my 2015 3 with the 2.0 that now has 58k miles. June of last year the OCV on top left of engine was leaking. I had it replaced, twice, because the first time the dealer rushed the job and didn't properly seal the valve cover which leaked. When he re-sealed the valve cover, the OCV leaked again. Last month I took the car back and Mazda ordered a new valve cover and OCV and fixed it for free under warranty. However, what I have noticed is has remained dry but when I bring the rpms up to 4.5-5k, a little bit of oil starts coming out from the top of the OCV. So it's still leaking a bit, but only when the engine is driven hard. Also, the 2016 Mazda 6 loaner car they gave me that only had 34k miles on it also had a seeping OCV (oil control valve). It seems quite common. Back to my origional question, it was brought to my attention that the PCV valve could not be working right causing too much crankcase pressure which is what is causing the OCV to seep when driven hard. Any thoughts?

Old thread but I wanted to bring up something I've experienced in my 2015 3 with the 2.0 that now has 58k miles. June of last year the OCV on top left of engine was leaking. I had it replaced, twice, because the first time the dealer rushed the job and didn't properly seal the valve cover which leaked. When he re-sealed the valve cover, the OCV leaked again. Last month I took the car back and Mazda ordered a new valve cover and OCV and fixed it for free under warranty. However, what I have noticed is has remained dry but when I bring the rpms up to 4.5-5k, a little bit of oil starts coming out from the top of the OCV. So it's still leaking a bit, but only when the engine is driven hard. Also, the 2016 Mazda 6 loaner car they gave me that only had 34k miles on it also had a seeping OCV (oil control valve). It seems quite common. Back to my origional question, it was brought to my attention that the PCV valve could not be working right causing too much crankcase pressure which is what is causing the OCV to seep when driven hard. Any thoughts?

I was told that the pcv in these will throw vicious amounts of code and is not like the old school mechanical item.

Back