Another seized front brake caliper pin

norcalP5

:
2003 P5
In the middle of a brake job. LF caliper upper pin seized into caliper. Any Ideas how to free it so I can clean and lubed them up? I tried to lift them up at first. The pin is seized and when I lifted calipers up the pin rotates with the caliper. I have left them soaking in PB blaster. I gave it a few good "taps" using 2x4 and a mallet. It budged only a tiny bit. Any recommendations on how to free the caliper from the rusty grip

Last edited:
You can try heating the pin, that's worked for me in the past.
It has also led to the pin snapping...

In the middle of a brake job. LF caliper upper pin seized into caliper. Any Ideas how to free it so I can clean and lubed them up? I tried to lift them up at first. The pin is seized and when I lifted calipers up the pin rotates with the caliper. I have left them soaking in PB blaster. I gave it a few good "taps" using 2x4 and a mallet. It budged only a tiny bit. Any recommendations on how to free the caliper from the rusty grip

Rotate it all the way up and use the 2x4 and a hammer to beat it off of the pin. Tie the caliper up so when it falls it's not supported by the hose.

Back