Black plastic bumper repair

Scootercx5

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring, 2015 Mazda 3S Touring Hatchback
Opened the garage door last week and the glass insert broke and fell onto my new ride! Thankfully it only made a small hole in the rear bumper less than a dime size (see photo). I know it can be repaired but I am not sure what to use to do it. Black ABS filler and a texture patch would work, I just want to use the correct material. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Opened the garage door last week and the glass insert broke and fell onto my new ride! Thankfully it only made a small hole in the rear bumper lass than a dime size (see photo). I know it can be repaired but I am not sure what to use to do it. Black ABS filler and a texture patch would work, I just want to use the correct material. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 211856

s2Imagery bang bros?

Most computer electronics (old keyboards, printers) are made out of abs. If you are confident in your skills I would get some abs material from goodwill or something. You could always order abs sheets off of amazon and eBay as well. Get some abs cement which can be found in most hardware stores in the plumbing section. Makes sure it's abs cement and not general purpose cement or pvc cement. The abs cement is basically liquid abs and will form a mechanical bond with the other abs material by essentially melting the material together. Your number is abs so it should make a good strong repair. Your only challenge is getting it to look good

You can use a plastic filler to fill the hole. You can order one on eBay. The brand is David Isopon.

Back