Just Purchased 2016 Touring

Buerm009

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
Hello everyone,

New CX-5 owner here. Opted out for a bunch of the accessories as I knew I would want to install them myself.

Two quick questions for the experts before I begin my adventure:

1) What years' parts will fit in my 2016?
***I've seen some things say 2013-2015 and some that say 2013-2014. In particular, If I purchase headlights for a 2015, are they the same as headlights for the 2016?

2) Does anyone know a reputable shop for doing LED installations/ headlight mods, etc. in Minnesota (twin cities area / south of twin cities)

Thank you all in advance!

You should get Tech Package with cool LED headlights/foglights/DRLs/tail lights/brake lights, AFS, and more. It may even cost less depending how are you going to do the LED headlights conversion. Many parts are the same among all MYs on CX-5 but there are exceptions. Halogen headlight unit should be the same but why you want one?

Pretty much all suspension and engine mods are interchangeable between 2013-2016. Lighting depends on what package you bought, but the owner manual specifies the bulb type for each light regardless. By headlights I'm guessing you are talking about the bulbs. I am not sure about the bulb set up with the new led headlamps.

The LED setup Mazda uses is proprietary so it is NOT a plug & play option when going from halogen to LED. It will require aftermarket LED's in order to convert from the factory halogen.

Pretty much all suspension and engine mods are interchangeable between 2013-2016. Lighting depends on what package you bought, but the owner manual specifies the bulb type for each light regardless. By headlights I'm guessing you are talking about the bulbs. I am not sure about the bulb set up with the new led headlamps.

I am new to most of this. I have been seeing where people are putting LED's inside the headlights and such. I am not brave enough to take apart the headlights either, one tiny pin hole leak and they fog up. I have found some neat looking rear lights and front lights (not the bulb, the whole headlight unit) and I would put them in, but there's nothing out there that specifically says "2016". There are plenty out there for 2013, 2014, and 2015 and i suspect they will work for a 2016 but I am not certain. I am hoping someone here knows for sure.

If anyone has any good websites to check out after market stuff for cx-5's that would be awesome too!

I am new to most of this. I have been seeing where people are putting LED's inside the headlights and such. I am not brave enough to take apart the headlights either, one tiny pin hole leak and they fog up. I have found some neat looking rear lights and front lights (not the bulb, the whole headlight unit) and I would put them in, but there's nothing out there that specifically says "2016". There are plenty out there for 2013, 2014, and 2015 and i suspect they will work for a 2016 but I am not certain. I am hoping someone here knows for sure.
If anyone has any good websites to check out after market stuff for cx-5's that would be awesome too!
If you're going to swap the whole headlight unit, the front bumper needs to be pulled. I believe most CX-5 aftermarket headlight units would be plug and play with your 2016 halogen unit. But make sure to check with vender before purchase. Chris_Top_Her is one of the best guy here to ask about mods.

Hey, I live south of the twin cities too.
Bought the 2016 with the Tech package. Am loving the LED Lights! If you have a choice of getting these installed I highly recommend.

I bought a 2015 Grand Touring with the Tech package which includes HID headlights. I'm satisfied with those but changed every other incandescent bulb in the car over to LEDs. I used those sold by VLEDs exclusively and quite happy with them. Made a big difference in the tail lights. They appear brighter and a deeper, more saturated ruby red.

Back