How to tell current Firmware version

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Is there something in the settings menu that will tell you what version of the firmware you're running?
If not how do you determine it.

Is there something in the settings menu that will tell you what version of the firmware you're running?
If not how do you determine it.

I know, I posted it in the wrong forum. Meant to put it in the Lounge.

Moderators -- if you can please move to proper forum.

I know, I posted it in the wrong forum. Meant to put it in the Lounge.

Moderators -- if you can please move to proper forum.

Go into Settings, select System, scroll down to About and select Version.

Figured I'd answer my own question. Little searching through the Infotainment screens and I found it.

Thanks man! I was just thinking about how to figure this out today since I'm headed to the dealership a bit later.

Hi all,

I know this is a bit of an old thread but even the new one's have the same "Scroll to the last tab, Hit Settings and so on..." to find what Firmware I'm running but I don't appear to have that tab. Am I looking in the wrong place? None of the other screens have a Settings tab either. Any help would be appreciated!

2014 CX-5

efpFhS

I posted a pic but it didn't come up so this is the link.
https://ibb.co/efpFhS

Thanks!
David

Last edited:
Hi all,

I know this is a bit of an old thread but even the new one's have the same "Scroll to the last tab, Hit Settings and so on..." to find what Firmware I'm running but I don't appear to have that tab. Am I looking in the wrong place? None of the other screens have a Settings tab either. Any help would be appreciated!

2014 CX-5

efpFhS

I posted a pic but it didn't come up so this is the link.
https://ibb.co/efpFhS

Thanks!
David

Your display looks like a pre 2016 infortainment display. Not sure where it's at or even if you can get to it or if the firmware can be updated.
You should put your vehicle year in your profile.

Your display looks like a pre 2016 infortainment display. Not sure where it's at or even if you can get to it or if the firmware can be updated.
You should put your vehicle year in your profile.
Sorry. While the info is not in my profile, it was in the post. It's a 2014 CX-5 which I bought in Feb of 2013. It was just after they dropped the larger engine in and called it a 2014.

Sorry. While the info is not in my profile, it was in the post. It's a 2014 CX-5 which I bought in Feb of 2013. It was just after they dropped the larger engine in and called it a 2014.

Sorry, missed it in the post, I usually look to the left under the name to determine year. Since I have a 16 the infotainment is completely different. Your best bet may to just call the dealer, talk to a service advisor, maybe they'll feel charitable and help you out.

Another thing to try, create a new post in the Audio section and direct it to 2014 owners, ask them.

Last edited:
Back