2007-2014 Mazda CX-9 Recalled For Corrosion Problem

Honestly, I don't feel any difference, suspension and alignment is still good and tight like the first day of new car.

Funny you asked about the alignment and tracking, I just got back from a very long road trip and was testing out the alignment, on highway straightaways I didn't even have to hold on to the steering wheel, the car basically tracked by itself in a straight line.

All my tires are wearing evenly (I have Continental CrossContact LX20 Eco Plus tires from Tirerack, they are so much better than the OEM Duelers, the Duelers are pure junk in snow and ice, I got rid of them after only 10k miles and one snow storm, they slipped and slid everywhere)

Also, I have an AWD, so I swapped out the transfer case oil after the long road trip just to be safe and protect the transfer case gears after running the oil for so long continuously, especially since there is so little oil capacity.

Glad to hear.

Yeah, I ditched the Duelers a while back...

Got mine today. While it's there, I'll have them check out the brake booster line recall/tsb too.

I received a letter telling me that eventually I'd get another letter to actually bring it in. I have a 2012.

I got the same letter today. Really shocked since I'm in North Texas. We do get 3-4 days of ice per year but mostly sand is used for it. They did start this brine mixture, but it's total garbage.

I got the same letter today. Really shocked since I'm in North Texas. We do get 3-4 days of ice per year but mostly sand is used for it. They did start this brine mixture, but it's total garbage.

Well--I'm in the north east, and I only just received the first letter this past week. I definitely thought it was going to be the letter telling me to schedule the repair.

I called the dealership we got the CX9 from, and they said anywere from 1 hour to 3 hours for the repair. I asked fora loaner and they said it'll be $10 a day for a rental. I wasn't really happy with that. So I called another local Mazda dealer, and they said the same, 1 to 3 hours, but they said they will provide a loaner at no cost since it is a recall/warranty issue.

Sad that I bought from that first dealership now. They're probably just mad that I haven't been there since the first oil change at 3000 miles, and we have almost 80,000 miles on it now.

Rawyzf, Hello fellow Minnesotan(from roughly same area, north burbs as well). Did you get your recall letter? We(my wife) haven't seen anything yet for her 09 CX9.

My wife might be stuck going back to Brookdale Luther Mazda since that's where she had some recent suspension work done and they had to replace the control arm because they broke a bolt(likely get reimbursed for the control arm at least). Anyone know if that's the case or can she bring it to any Mazda dealership and get reimbursed for the control arm replaced at a different dealership?

Rawyzf, Hello fellow Minnesotan(from roughly same area, north burbs as well). Did you get your recall letter? We(my wife) haven't seen anything yet for her 09 CX9.

My wife might be stuck going back to Brookdale Luther Mazda since that's where she had some recent suspension work done and they had to replace the control arm because they broke a bolt(likely get reimbursed for the control arm at least). Anyone know if that's the case or can she bring it to any Mazda dealership and get reimbursed for the control arm replaced at a different dealership?

Hey, lol, I had a MS6 as well. Where you located up here in the burbs? Yes, I got the letter in the mail yesterday.

Brookdale Luther Mazda is where we bought from, and the ones that wanted to charge me for a loaner, so I won't be going there. I made an appointment with Polar Mazda in White Bear Lake, since that is kinda on the way to my wifes work. I would expect you could get reimbursment from any dealership, as Mazda is footing the bill in the end.....but I am not 100% sure. Probably have to call.

Hey, lol, I had a MS6 as well. Where you located up here in the burbs? Yes, I got the letter in the mail yesterday.

Brookdale Luther Mazda is where we bought from, and the ones that wanted to charge me for a loaner, so I won't be going there. I made an appointment with Polar Mazda in White Bear Lake, since that is kinda on the way to my wifes work. I would expect you could get reimbursment from any dealership, as Mazda is footing the bill in the end.....but I am not 100% sure. Probably have to call.

I gotta update my vehicle. I traded in my MS6 about year and a half ago for a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport due to growing family.

We live in "Pig Water", also known as Ham Lake.

I've had experience with Luther Brookdale, Polar Chev/Mazda and Morries Mazda. Each had their negatives, but Morries was the best of those three.

I'm hoping that my we(my wife and I) can figure out a way to avoid a rental...although $10/day isn't bad as long as they get it done in a day.

Explorer Sport, very nice. I like those.

Ah, Ham Lake.....gotcha. I'm right on your border and the Lino border. I live Right off Main and Lexington (by the Shell), northeast corner of Blaine.

Yeah, all dealerships have ups and downs. I just can't go to a place if they won't give me a loaner and I bought from them.....and the work is a recall. Every dealership I have bought from (besides them) has give me a loaner at no charge.

Explorer Sport, very nice. I like those.

Ah, Ham Lake.....gotcha. I'm right on your border and the Lino border. I live Right off Main and Lexington (by the Shell), northeast corner of Blaine.

Yeah, all dealerships have ups and downs. I just can't go to a place if they won't give me a loaner and I bought from them.....and the work is a recall. Every dealership I have bought from (besides them) has give me a loaner at no charge.

I know that intersection well, I drive by it every day to/from work. I live about 4 miles further north near Constanace and Lexington.

My wife hasn't received her letter, but I'm betting that her address information is not up to date since we moved. I guess the next step is to call a dealer.

Yeah, it's a bummer that they can't give you a loaner. Oh well, sounds like Polar will help you out. Good luck.

Dropped the CX9 off last night, they're supposed to work on it first thing this morning. Will report back results.

Got a call back from the dealership. LCAs look good still, so they said to wait 2 months for the letter for replacement. Not sure why they can't just do it now, but oh well.

I did, but it only says that they don't have the repair parts and they'll send another letter when the parts become available.

I got my letter today, says wait for another letter like everyone else. I had my CX9 in for a brake fluid flush and oil change, I mentioned the recall and they added it to the W/O. On the W/O it says the recall is now competed. I had a look when I got home and both lower control arm ball joints weren't replaced. I'll be following up tomorrow.

TECH inspected the current ball joints and show no signs corrosion or wear, when 2nd letter comes up with parts available they'll be changed out. Mazda Canada confirmed they have to be all changed out.

The moment we received our letter from Mazda, I took it to the shop and was told that our cx9 was so bad that they couldn't let us leave with the vehicle we drove in. Mazda has picked up the bill for the rental as of yet. My concern is how long or what's the estimated time frame of the parts needed that are on back to be in stock! We need our CX 9 very much as we travel around the country for our kids sports! If anyone has an idea please feel free to elaborate! Btw it was bought in Michigan and the last 6 years resided in Missouri!

Back