Navigation directions Via Bluetooth?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
Does anyone know if the directions that get spoken when using something like WAZE or google maps should be able to be heard thru the stereo via Bluetooth? I recently had the firmware updated to v55 so that is up to date, but I could have sworn that with v52 it would read the directions thru the stereo while listening to FM. I used my phone to get directions the other day and all though Bluetooth was on and the phone was connected I couldn't any directions to come thru at all. I could only hear them if I selected the audio source as Bluetooth. I could be crazy and it could have always been like that. But does anyone know if I can get the Bluetooth to relay the directions while listening to a different audio source like FM? Or will that only work if I have the phone connected via USB cable?

It's my one gripe with the Nav system, that you can't search for a business. To get directions to a business I have to search for the address on my phone and then input the address into the car. I wish it would somehow send the directions right to the Nav system or atleast read the directions thru the Bluetooth connection.

I have the exact same problem. I always listen to radio while driving. I'm sure the v51 used to relay Google Maps directions from my phone while I was listening to radio. But after upgrading to v55, this works only if I select audio source as Bluetooth.

You can search for businesses. I do it all the time. Just select 'Filter by name' and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my setup, yes. I also have Waze, and it prompts me every morning if I'm going to work, if I forget to hit no, then I get prompted voice directions the whole way. I am normally listening to Pandora when doing this though. Although I seem to remember it doing the same thing as I was listening to Xm.

I'm running iphone6 / OS8.4 and the latest infotainment software update (750B).

I actually checked this today and the audio directions do work, but only while already listening to a source connected to my phone. So it worked with Waze and Pandora, but NOT with Waze and XM or Google Maps and regular radio. It appears as though you need a "live" Bluetooth connection before it will play the turn by turn directions. By live I mean audio that is already streaming from the Bluetooth device. Considering the phone and car are already paired, I would think that turn by turn should come through no matter what, just like an incoming phone call. This seems like a programming error.

I actually checked this today and the audio directions do work, but only while already listening to a source connected to my phone. So it worked with Waze and Pandora, but NOT with Waze and XM or Google Maps and regular radio. It appears as though you need a "live" Bluetooth connection before it will play the turn by turn directions. By live I mean audio that is already streaming from the Bluetooth device. Considering the phone and car are already paired, I would think that turn by turn should come through no matter what, just like an incoming phone call. This seems like a programming error.

^This.

My concern is that it used to work perfectly till I upgraded to v55. Now I can't use Google Maps while listening to radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^This.

My concern is that it used to work perfectly till I upgraded to v55. Now I can't use Google Maps while listening to radio.

Does anyone know if this has ever been resolved? I have the same issue.
\Dave
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring Front Wheel Drive

I have this issue with my 2017 CX-5 and reported it in the other thread "Bluetooth Audio Issues". I hope that Mazda is aware of this bug.

Back