Hart drilled and slotted rotors installed

JetSkiGuy

:
Mazda Protege5
Well, my son's P5 had a nasty shimmy while braking due to a warped front rotor. All pads looked good but I figured if we gotta do brakes let's just do all of them. After reading some good reviews on a couple other forums I decided for the money we'd give them a go. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I've got to say, for the money they appear to be well made and had a nice finish that reportedly holds up to the elements. Install went smoothly for the most part and overall braking feel is SOOOooo much better than the stock stuff. After some more break-in time I might get into them on a twisty backroad to really get a feel for them.

So, as of right now it seems to be a good buy and I'll keep you updated as only time can tell.

Pics on the car. The rotors came in fully coated and the pads wear it off the braking surface. The rest is supposed to keep looking good.

Attachments

• hart brakes 004.jpg
    hart brakes 004.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 353
  • hart brakes 003.jpg
    hart brakes 003.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 456
My experiences with "ebay brand" rotors is that they are generally decent when new. But due to the cheap materials that are used, their lifespan is no where near that of reputable brands like brembo, stoptech, willwood, and oem. For dd they'll do fine, but they usually start to warp after a few sessions of hard driving lol

Just for point of reference....I got 75k out of some Brembo C/S rotors with Hawk HPS pads. These got worked over bigtime and held their own and wore super evenly. Got some R1 rotors with some Lomandi ceramic pads this time and they have been holding up fine but see nowhere near the severe duty the Brembo/Hawk setup did. Car is not daily driver any more so the miles just aren't piling up these days. Went with ceramic pads for less dusting.

Just an update. My son has been daily driving this thing for some time now and everything is fine. The finish is still fine too, no rusty looking mess yet.

Back