Latest CX-5 review

Alex's reviews are always informative and well done - second to none IMO. I've been a subscriber of his for quite some time now. His exclusive trunk comfort rating brings some levity and humor to every review.

Yes, excellent review, and he hit the nail on the head when he was talking about the pre-2016 infotainment mess.

What I think is funny about the comment on engine sound is that other automakers actually pipe in engine sound electronically. With the CX-5 we get the real thing.

Really??? I've missed that - which ones?

Lexus does it with the IS line but it is a mechanical effect. They add a diaphragm to the intake aimed at the driver to give it some extra growl. Some reviews comment on it sounding more natural.

Yes, excellent review, and he hit the nail on the head when he was talking about the pre-2016 infotainment mess.

What I think is funny about the comment on engine sound is that other automakers actually pipe in engine sound electronically. With the CX-5 we get the real thing.

i found that comment odd because Consumer Reports says that "Road Noise" is the problem with the CX-5, not engine noise.

I know Porsche also add sound into the cabin.

Ridiculous. Hundreds of pounds of sound insulation, and electronics to add back just the right noises. That's what "luxury" is these days, I guess. It's fantasy.

Ridiculous. Hundreds of pounds of sound insulation, and electronics to add back just the right noises. That's what "luxury" is these days, I guess. It's fantasy.

i don't get it either, many buy these high end cars to impress people they don't know. What good is it if you're the only one enjoying the (virtual) exhaust tone?

I don't mind there being different groups of consumers who value different qualities in products. What I don't like is companies consulting psychologists and social scientists to figure out how to make people feel they're "not good enough" without the product.

Back