retrofits, Sedan to P5...missing parts

mikereeze

:
2003 yellow P5
So i got the lights installed, but they didn't come with the sockets for the turn signals and the other plug running lights? The regular 1157 turn signal bulb wont even fit into the spot for the turn signal on the new lights, any help would be great.

Trying to assess a clearer picture of what you're trying to do. You're swapping out your existing headlights (sedan version with H4 low beam bulb) to Protege5 headlights (with H7 low beam bulb and 9005 high beam bulb)? Did you get OEM or aftermarket P5 headlights? The turn signal socket/slot should be the innermost slot (closest to center of car). Middle slot is for the 9005 high beam bulb; and outermost the h7 low beams.

Do you have pics?

Thanks for the reply, had to order the Oem socket plug for that reflector light skin n the sedan and also the rubber bulb cover for the sedan headlight bulb. I guess the next step would be figuring out how to make the bi xenon head beams work.

QUOTE=Hank3;6398067]Trying to assess a clearer picture of what you're trying to do. You're swapping out your existing headlights (sedan version with H4 low beam bulb) to Protege5 headlights (with H7 low beam bulb and 9005 high beam bulb)? Did you get OEM or aftermarket P5 headlights? The turn signal socket/slot should be the innermost slot (closest to center of car). Middle slot is for the 9005 high beam bulb; and outermost the h7 low beams.

Do you have pics?[/QUOTE]

Is your bixenon low beams or high beams that you're having trouble with? And how about the turn signals? I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to fix. Again, pics or a better description would help.

If it's the high beams, you should have a separate hi beam plug that you can splice into the solenoid wires (or buy an adapter) that goes to the cutoff shield. I'm assuming you went with an H1 mini bixenon projector. I just retrofitted a set of P5 headlight this past weekend and have my stock P5 high beam plug going to a 9006 male to Molex female adapter...which plugs into the solenoid connector.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/harnesses/hid-9006-high-beam-adapters.html#.VbqBa_lVhBd

morimoto_solenoid_adapters_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see other people doing this work ahead of me. Why did you swap sedan headlights in? It's my understanding that the HID brights aren't as good as reflectors.

Glad to see other people doing this work ahead of me. Why did you swap sedan headlights in? It's my understanding that the HID brights aren't as good as reflectors.

They're have many members who have done retrofits. It's been made a whole lot easier the past few years with the H1 minis. Funny thing is some P5 owners like the sedan headlights for looks, and sedan owners like the P5 lights. With bixenon projectors, P5 owners think the halogen beams are unnecessary, so going with sedan individual pods look better.

Here's mine that was just done this past weekend:

20150728_075628.jpg

20150728_075634.jpg

20150728_075619.jpg

Last edited:
Got the headlights off the Facebook Protege for sales group. Another member restored a set of the OEM and sold them for a good price. Got the mini H1 projectors off Amazon.

thank you sir, yes this is what I needed! Also your headlights looks great.

Is your bixenon low beams or high beams that you're having trouble with? And how about the turn signals? I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to fix. Again, pics or a better description would help.

If it's the high beams, you should have a separate hi beam plug that you can splice into the solenoid wires (or buy an adapter) that goes to the cutoff shield. I'm assuming you went with an H1 mini bixenon projector. I just retrofitted a set of P5 headlight this past weekend and have my stock P5 high beam plug going to a 9006 male to Molex female adapter...which plugs into the solenoid connector.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/harnesses/hid-9006-high-beam-adapters.html#.VbqBa_lVhBd

morimoto_solenoid_adapters_1_1.jpg

Back