Rear driver side suspension is shot!

SkepTones

:
2002 Mazda Proteg5 5spd
So as I'm walking around the Protege5 today, I notice the rear diver side suspension is wayyy lower than the other side. My car is 1/4th lowrider right now. I've never dealt with suspension problems, does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with it?

Does this look like an easy fix that I could try out myself? Also is there a way to fix it and maybe upgrade both of the rear shocks (or whatever the problem is) at once? I wouldn't mind taking it somewhere to get fixed but I was wondering if I could get any info on the situation here. Any advice would help a lot!

20150729_110047.jpg

Buy a new shock. It's so simple to do. Just one hint don't let the seatbelt wind up to far or it gets stuck and becomes a pain in the ass

The shock doesn't hold up the car, the spring does. As was stated, see what's up with the coil spring on that side..............

I'd replace them both with quick struts or the car might handle funny.. Be prepared to install new sway bar links in the process.

The only time I would recommend doing 1 side on stuff like this would be if we were in mad max days and you just wanted to scrounge for something that would make it go again, lol........

Latest posts

Back