SCBS Reverse Malfunction Warning Message

FYI, after enquiring, I got confirmed in writing today from dealership that: "Updated software for the device is not ready from the manufacturer".

FYI, after enquiring, I got confirmed in writing today from dealership that: "Updated software for the device is not ready from the manufacturer".

Hello iKing.

Looking at the two reports coming from EU countries, I am getting increasing skeptical about the fix that my dealer did in July. Software is sofware. If a software fix is available in NZ it also has to be available in EU. I did wonder if my dealer simply de-activate the SCBS Reverse functionality and hiding the error message. Smoke and mirror in other words.

Please keep this forum updated. I will be interested to hear when EU does get the software fix and what is the nature of the fix.

Hi limleong,
I will certainly keep updating here if there is any progress. Assuming you will do the same if you learn anything more about the nature of the fix you got on your car.

For your information, this is the German forum on the same issue: http://www.cx5-forum.de/f12/r-scbs-anhaengekupplung-mazda-originalzubehoer-5289.html
I should add that according to this German forum, people are more or less in the same situation as here. One guy has obviously gone through the speedometer removal process with the same unacceptable result as described earlier by donnielund here. Another one claims to have had the problem corrected with a simple polarity change in the wiring if i understand it correctly, but that needs some more evidence to be fully credible.

Fixed! Finally the official fix from Mazda was installed on my car this morning. According to the dealer the control unit ("computer") for the back-up sensor and scbs systems was replaced and software updated. So far everything works, i.e. the SCBS malfunction warning has disappeared.

Back