2014 Mazda6 SMS downloads

Nogginboink

:
2014 Mazda6
I'm doing my best to get along with Mazda's less-than-steller infotainment system.

My biggest gripe right now is that the head unit downloads all SMS and email messages from my Galaxy S4 phone running Lollipop. I want this thing to download SMS/text messages but not email messages.

Are there any settings I can make, either on my phone or on the head unit, to accomplish this?

(And does anyone else find it ridiculous that bluetooth playback has to be stopped while downloading messages?)

I'm doing my best to get along with Mazda's less-than-steller infotainment system.

My biggest gripe right now is that the head unit downloads all SMS and email messages from my Galaxy S4 phone running Lollipop. I want this thing to download SMS/text messages but not email messages.

Are there any settings I can make, either on my phone or on the head unit, to accomplish this?

(And does anyone else find it ridiculous that bluetooth playback has to be stopped while downloading messages?)

Did you ever find a fix for this? I have tons of work emails, and it tries to download all of them every time I'm driving - but really I only need notification of texts.

>(And does anyone else find it ridiculous that bluetooth playback has to be stopped while downloading messages?)
I am guessing that, from technical perspective, there might not be enough bandwidth to stream music AND text simultaneously.
That is likely why the music stops.
Does any other vehicle can do that w/o halting the music?

TSB 09-008/15, it fixes the issue with the SMS not downloading and fixes the issue with slow reading time of USB connected devices. Some members have been able to get the dealer to order before diagnose, me on the other hand I have to go in next week so they can "diagnose" the issue then order the part.

TSB 09-008/15, it fixes the issue with the SMS not downloading and fixes the issue with slow reading time of USB connected devices. Some members have been able to get the dealer to order before diagnose, me on the other hand I have to go in next week so they can "diagnose" the issue then order the part.

So, the first call to the dealer where I bought my CPO 2014 Mazda6 with 38k miles ended with "that won't be covered, since you are out of warranty."

This is upsetting, because what I thought was a "feature" has been a known problem since 2015. It's one of my biggest gripes for the car- that the USB takes forever to load and always starts with the first song.

NOT happy with Nelson Mazda in Norman, Oklahoma. I suppose I can try the salesperson.

Back