Factory Fob remote for aftermarket remote starter. 2007 Mazda5

:
Mazda 5 2007
I had installed a clearance prostart CT-3271 one button remote starter on my 5 when I first got it.

I noticed that when the key has started the vehicle, the buttons on the remote don't work for lock/unlock. So I thought I was out of luck for using the factory FOB to start the vehicle.

But after installing the remote starter - as long as the key is not slid into the cylinder the keyless entry still worked!!! Nice!

So I bought a TR-7 unit so I can use pulses to start the car.

so I needed 3 pulses of +12volts in a 4 second time frame - and when this is met it will send a single (-) negative/ground pulse to my remote starter, and it will start or stop.

The TR-7 unit solves this, so that I can hit lock, lock, lock within 4 seconds - and the car will start.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
How to program TR-7 (instructions are a pain so I'm posting so it may help someone)

1. Connect ground (black) and ignition (red)
2. move switch to programming on the TR-7
3. Turn on the ignition with the key
4. use the brown wire on the TR-7 and touch it to ground (-) 14 times (that's the mode we need to get this working)
5. the TR-7 will flash back 14 times to confirm. (if it doesn't flash 14 times, turn the car off then back on and try again)
6. touch the brown wire to ground (-) 3 times to confirm the number of pulses needed to start car.
7. TR-7 will flash back 3 times
8. This is the timing mode which is a little confusing and goes fast. Pay attention to the light on the TR-7
9. Tap the brown wire to ground once to start the timing setting.
10. wait 3 seconds and the light will flash and skip the minute setting.
11. wait 3 seconds and the light will flash and skip the 10's for seconds setting.
12. tap the brown wire to ground 4 times to set the time to 4 seconds.
13. Wait - the light on the TR-7 will flash like mad. Wait till it is constantly flashing (about 10 seconds).
14. Turn key off and remove key
15. move switch on TR-7 off of programming.
16. connect the red wire to a constant +12 volt source.
17. connect the white wire from the TR-7 to the purple input on the remote starter
18. connect the Green wire on the TR-7 to the (+) positive wire on the lock side of the drivers door lock actuator (red/blue drivers kickpanel)

done.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

TR-7 manual ->> http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/TR7/1_Instructions/tr-7_instructions_010505.pdf

Last edited:
Back