About to remove my stock radio and fit 2 din aftermarket unit...

Falcomille

:
Mazda5
Hi all
Just planning the great assault on the plastics of my 2008 Mazda5 to swap out the factory unit for a Pioneer nav/bluetooth unit. Any tips, videos or otherwise general knowledge I should know about before the assault begins?
I have the 2din facia and cage kit.

Thanks in anticipation..

Peter

Just look up youtube "how to" videos, that helped me a lot the first time. All you have to do is start at the back of the console and move towards the radio. You'll also need to remove the knee panels on either side of the center console.

Good luck!

Don't forget to remove the white plastic clips from the OEM unit to the aftermarket dash kit.
It won't snap in properly if you don't.

Also, what dash kit did you get?

Don't forget to remove the white plastic clips from the OEM unit to the aftermarket dash kit.
It won't snap in properly if you don't.

Also, what dash kit did you get?
Hi Phantom
Got the dash kit off Ebay UK.. cost about 30 quid and came with the outer and inner cages.
Thank you for the tip about the clips! Was indeed a head scratcher until I remembered your wise words.
Remarkably easy to do.. switched the radio out inside about 30 mins but as I didn't have a manual, was flying blind. Eventually everything clicked together and worked. Had so much time left over, I decided to fit the reversing camera. That was a bit of a faff, but again, this forum really helped and the build of the Mazda 5 meant that there was access to everything. Just a bit of a fiddle with the fishing wire especially in 35 degree heat, but it all came together (and went back together), meaning that after 6 hrs, I had a working Sat Nav, Ipod, Bluetooth integrated sound system with a reversing camera (manually switched). Yesterday I got a PDF manual for the AVIC and now plan to run a second reversing signal wire this time back to the unit to enable auto switching reverse camera. All in all, a good result and professional-looking install. Total cost less than 300GBP

Back