2017 CX-9 prototype

Ohhh. Me likey. Seems to continue their Kodo design well enough.

Will be needing a larger replacement for my wife's CX-5 in the next couple of years.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ohhh. Me likey. Seems to continue their Kodo design well enough.

Will be needing a larger replacement for my wife's CX-5 in the next couple of years.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Definitely.

What's under the hood still remains a big mystery but the exterior looks very much a Mazda.

I like it but won't need anything that big when it's time to replace the wife's vehicle.
If we do another Mazda it'll have to get upper 30mpg so I kind of hope the CX5 gets a makeover before then and can do it.

What's under the hood still remains a big mystery but the exterior looks very much a Mazda.

Not really. They have been saying for a year now the V6's will be dropped, and it will be equipped with a Skyactive 4. Most likely being the turbo 2.5 they mention in the article.

Unless Mazda messes up big, our 2013 CX9 will be traded in for the Gen2 when there released. I 'like' the current car, but its just not a 'Love'.

Not really. They have been saying for a year now the V6's will be dropped, and it will be equipped with a Skyactive 4. Most likely being the turbo 2.5 they mention in the article.

Unless Mazda messes up big, our 2013 CX9 will be traded in for the Gen2 when there released. I 'like' the current car, but its just not a 'Love'.

Skyactiv V-6 or turbo-four would be plausible seeing as there was another article from a year or two ago saying that Mazda might make their own six-pot again.http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/04/mazda-mulls-turbocharging-skyactiv-six-cylinder.html
Provided it cited caradvice in Australia, which is pretty notorious (along with motoring) for making stupid stuff up.
Whichever it is, it better be one that can hit its mpg figures in the real world.

Latest posts

Back