Mazda 3 electrical problems

IdahoStone

:
2005 Mazda 3 2.3
I have a 2005 mazda3 2.3. My headlights, dashlights, fog lights stated to flicker. I also had the A/C stop working, the power steering stop, and finally the car died on me a couple of times. I had the battery and the electrical system checked. the battery checked out fine. the electrical system did not. I was told the voltage was unstable and it was probably my alternator going out. I replaced the alternator and checked the voltage with a meter. It reads 17.5. I assumed I got an alternator with a bad voltage regulator. So I replaced it again with a NAPA alternator with the same results. It still reads 17.5 when I start it up and fuses start to get hot. Any ideas what to look for next?

Did you have your battery load-tested?
Sometimes a failing battery can cause weird electrical/display issues.
If your battery proves to be okay, I recommend taking your car to an auto-electric shop. They are typically master troubleshooters of electrical issues that leave others baffled.

How did it turn out, my shop uses a Snap-On electrical tester will test the following

Battery load test - the batterie is disconnected and tested underload to see if battery CCA is and determine battery life cycle

Voltage drop test on cable, - this will see if a open or a corroded circuit is pressent

And alternator load test - this will indicate the charge state of you alternator .

So how did it turn out ??

How did it turn out, my shop uses a Snap-On electrical tester will test the following

Battery load test - the batterie is disconnected and tested underload to see if battery CCA is and determine battery life cycle

Voltage drop test on cable, - this will see if a open or a corroded circuit is pressent

And alternator load test - this will indicate the charge state of you alternator .

So how did it turn out ??

Just a brief comment: Before load-testing a battery, it should be fully charged. Sometimes a bad battery cannot be charged at all. Other times, it can be charged but will not pass the load test. Either way, the battery would need to be replaced.

Back