Mazda 3 electrical problems

IdahoStone

:
2005 Mazda 3 2.3
I have a 2005 mazda3 2.3. My headlights, dashlights, fog lights stated to flicker. I also had the A/C stop working, the power steering stop, and finally the car died on me a couple of times. I had the battery and the electrical system checked. the battery checked out fine. the electrical system did not. I was told the voltage was unstable and it was probably my alternator going out. I replaced the alternator and checked the voltage with a meter. It reads 17.5. I assumed I got an alternator with a bad voltage regulator. So I replaced it again with a NAPA alternator with the same results. It still reads 17.5 when I start it up and fuses start to get hot. Any ideas what to look for next?

Did you have your battery load-tested?
Sometimes a failing battery can cause weird electrical/display issues.
If your battery proves to be okay, I recommend taking your car to an auto-electric shop. They are typically master troubleshooters of electrical issues that leave others baffled.

How did it turn out, my shop uses a Snap-On electrical tester will test the following

Battery load test - the batterie is disconnected and tested underload to see if battery CCA is and determine battery life cycle

Voltage drop test on cable, - this will see if a open or a corroded circuit is pressent

And alternator load test - this will indicate the charge state of you alternator .

So how did it turn out ??

How did it turn out, my shop uses a Snap-On electrical tester will test the following

Battery load test - the batterie is disconnected and tested underload to see if battery CCA is and determine battery life cycle

Voltage drop test on cable, - this will see if a open or a corroded circuit is pressent

And alternator load test - this will indicate the charge state of you alternator .

So how did it turn out ??

Just a brief comment: Before load-testing a battery, it should be fully charged. Sometimes a bad battery cannot be charged at all. Other times, it can be charged but will not pass the load test. Either way, the battery would need to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back