Alamo1's Forged Engine Build

Im thinking the edelbrock supercharger or the cosworth one. Im leaning towards the cosworth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention that I also used the Mazda 3 final drive which is slightly shorter, to retain the protege final drive just swap the gears from the mazda 3 pinion shaft to the protege pinion shaft.

It looks like the early 1st gen 3s had a 4.1 final drive like the protege, and the later ones had 4.38. Definitely don't want a taller gear, they are too short as it is with the turbo.

Hmm, I guess those plate's still don't solve the case flexing problem. That or third gear is still a weak point either way. That concerns me.

I snagged a 46k mile trans for $150 last summer, you may as well swap in a stock trans and sell it running so you don't take too much of a loss.

As much as I love my MSP I am starting to feel the want to move on as well. Part of me thinks it will be a classic one day if I hold on to it a bit longer and part of me thinks it may never have much more value than it does now.

I plan to grab a motor and trans and selll it as stock with suspension and maybe wheels if I can't get any money for them alone. And yeah MSP would be nice to have/hold but a P5 won't be worth anything in a couple more years.

Latest posts

Back