Alamo1's Forged Engine Build

Never!

Those cork gaskets are so finicky. Over torque by just a little and they squish out the sides. Same with tightening out of a specific order.

We use them for industrial intercoolers at work and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

sweet. black rtv it is. you're build is going by so fast. my block has been sitting for over a year lol #lackoffunds

Grey actually. (TV commercial announcers voice)... It's specially formulated for imports that have closely spaced bolt holes and higher amounts of vibration...

I know your pain, mine sat for more than a year. I'm buckling down so I get the oil galleries and cylinders all plugged up.

Grey actually. (TV commercial announcers voice)... It's specially formulated for imports that have closely spaced bolt holes and higher amounts of vibration...

I know your pain, mine sat for more than a year. I'm buckling down so I get the oil galleries and cylinders all plugged up.
I thought it was Grey but I wasn't sure.
I know black is oil. gray is gear oil and is good for parts that are more permanent like the transmission case and the main bearing support plate.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

thanks for the pictures. it's going to motivate me to make some progress

All coolant connections are on except turbo water lines. Turbo setup is on but needs some mods. I put a different compressor cover on and the waste gate actuator bracket doesn't fit quite like I want it to.

I forgot how small the gap is between the block and the Pope DP. She's tight!!

All coolant connections are on except turbo water lines. Turbo setup is on but needs some mods. I put a different compressor cover on and the waste gate actuator bracket doesn't fit quite like I want it to.

I forgot how small the gap is between the block and the Pope DP. She's tight!!

Hey man you don't have the thermostat spacer that was included with the Pope downpipe. It keeps the coolant line off of the downpipe. Build looks awesome

I was one of the first GB's for the pope DP. Wasn't offered back then. I cut the water inlet, flipped the bolt part over and then I had a buddy tig weld the pipe part back on. Look really close at the pic.

I was one of the first GB's for the pope DP. Wasn't offered back then. I cut the water inlet, flipped the bolt part over and then I had a buddy tig weld the pipe part back on. Look really close at the pic.
I got you man cool I believe crossover Auto or one of these sites has a straight neck and a hose

Can't believe I missed this thread until now. Good work!

Called Alamo and spoke to Dave today actually about a rebuild kit. $200 with the $45 carbon seal.

I got you man cool I believe crossover Auto or one of these sites has a straight neck and a hose

I was really surprised that the stock hose fits as well as it does. Free mods make the best mods eh??

Can't believe I missed this thread until now. Good work!

Called Alamo and spoke to Dave today actually about a rebuild kit. $200 with the $45 carbon seal.

Thank you!

What do you think about that pricing?

Last edited:
??? Turbo rebuild kit. T3/T4, bearings, seal piston rings, retaining rings, o-rings, bolts, etc... And carbon seal is on the compressor end instead of a piston ring.

Worked till the crack of dawn last night. Trying to get the engine in the car Saturday morning.

Fabbed the water lines Ive been pretengineering. I am really happy with the turnout, except maybe the connection from block to oil cooler (really close to the alternator). Used the ezbend copper brake line, 5/16 OD, and some brass compression tees and fittings that crappy tire (Canadian Tire for the American followers) carries. I used this and 5/16 heater hose as this is the size of all on the spigots that come off the stock pipes. Everything fits really nice and a lot cheaper than buying all of the stock MSP tubes. Got everything else bolted on that I possibly could.

That is one good looking engine man, how much boost do you plan do run? Is the trans stock? I took the easy way out and bought a used forged engine, swapping it right now and working on it when I have time (which is rare)

I found that to be a little steep for a kit, mind you to be honest I didn't really have an expectation in my mind of what one should cost either! I'll end up picking one up regardless.

Is the clamp you have for that water line to the water neck plastic/nylon? If so it will likely melt. Mopac has all kinds of metal P-clamps, or if you're not into driving that far most any NAPA or auto value will carry them as well.

Back