08 Brake Lights and Cruise Control Issue

Amidath

:
2008 Mazda5 Sport
Hello

I have an 08 M5 Sport Auto, and for a while now my cruise control has been acting up where it will work for a few minutes after first starting/driving the car but then it will no longer engage. The CRUISE stays on amber, just wont go green. Today after doing a little looking I saw a post about brake lights not working so I checked mine and none of them are working (3rd brake included.)

I checked the fuse under the hood (number 21 I think with a 10A fuse and it was good) and I checked one of the bulbs and it looked ok. Checking voltage on the tails showed a clean 12v and 0v on the brakes. Blinkers and reverse both are working fine.

I know the brake switch is a common thing but, what makes me wonder is that I can still shift from park and for the few minutes cruise DOES work during first start it will turn off with the brake pedal...so something is obviously working.

Ideas? Or should I just get the replacement brake switch? Also - I read something about the Horn fuse (a 40A) also having something to do with brakes/CC? May not have been on a 5 specifically.

Back