Fixed CX-9 driver side wind noise / buffering sound

avidien

Contributor
:
2013 CX-9 Touring
Hi guys,

I figured out a way to fix my CX-9 driver side wind noise / buffering.

Got the idea from a fellow forum member "nikomahs" this forum is awesome where we all help each other out
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123782896-Wind-Noise&highlight=wind

At highway speeds, the driver side window had a wind buffering noise.

the $3.98 trick definitely helped : http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123849797-3-98-trick-to-reduce-wind-noise-and-make-passenger-cabin-quieter

but I still had the wind buffering problem, It sounded like the window wasn't fully closed all the way up but it was.

I figured out it was the B-pillar upper right corner of the driver side glass when looking from the outside, the gasket was deformed and pushed into the corner so the right corner of the glass basically was not sealed.

This is also a common problem with 2013-2015 Accords, so I used their solution to solve my problem, it really works

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem

Honda part number: 06990-SA5-000 EPT foam sealer

here are pictures of my CX-9 using the foam tape, the basic idea is to provide a tight seal around the window top edge:

Last edited:
Mine was like this when I got it. I ended up picking up a new door seal for $50 and it solved the issue. I pulled the original out and tried to reseat it but it has been in there wrong so long it was badly stretched out of shape. This foam tape looks like a good solution to keep it from happening again though. Nice find and great writeup!

Thanks OP, I was able to fix my window last night and hopefully no more wind noise!

The problem is due to the run channel expanding over time with age. The rubber gets pushed back by the top cirner of the glass. Its 48.00.

The problem is due to the run channel expanding over time with age. The rubber gets pushed back by the top cirner of the glass. Its 48.00.

Sorry to dig up this ancient post, but I have this exact issue on my (new to me) 2013 CX-9 Touring. The wind noise from the driver's side window is really distracting.
I looked this evening, and sure enough, the seal around the window is hard, dry, and pushed up in the top rear corner.

My questions:
1) How do I determine which part exactly to order? I look on OEM sites, and find so many items that appear very similar.
2) How difficult is this to install? Does it require any special tools, such as a puller for the plastic retainer clips or whatever is used to hold the weatherstrip in place?
I'd love to do this myself, but not if it means damaging my vehicle and ultimately costing myself more money in the long run.

Thanks!

Mike
(ecstatic new Mazda owner)

TD11-59-605D is the part for a pile of rubber. Just pull out the old with the window down and press in the new. I don't think you have to remove anything else if I'm not mistaken. I haven't replaced mine though. I just pull it down all across the top and re-position it and work the rear corner for awhile like kneading bread and it's good for some time.

Excellent, thanks!
Is there a specific vendor that we're encouraged to use to support the forum?
The prices I'm seeing are all fairly uniform, and I'd like to help out if possible.

Back