Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20,000 Miles On My 2015 Mazda 6 - List of Problems So Far

2015 Soul Red 6 Sport Auto 2016 Accord EX Auto

20k miles so far. No problems yet, but I'll post some things I don't like about the car in no particular order:

Not enough power.
    Coarse engine.
    Okay midrange, no top end power.
    Throttle response varies greatly from stoplight to stoplight. Almost like Forest Gump and the box of chocolates anytime you change throttle position.
    Auto trans in manual mode will downshift at wot.
    Washer fluid dribbles out on agressively turns.
    Stock Yokos getting loud.
    Not enough power.
    Car is loud. Especially so when I ride in anyone else's vehicle then get back in mine.
    Paint quality is terrible. Not Honda bad, but close.
    Brakes too soft.
    Too easy to end up with max AC when lowering temp.

That's it for now.

Registered Member

Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT

I've got 13k miles on my 2016 GT. I don't think the car is loud on the highway. Seems to have plenty of power when I need to pass someone. More power is always nice but I like the fuel economy. My throttle response seems great. My paint looks factory new still. No orange peel. Brake are great. GPS unit froze twice but a firmware update downloaded by the dealer solved that. My only issue has been the cruise control. Sometimes the buttons don't do the right function. What I mean is to lower the cruise speed I hit that button and it increases or I'll hit cancel and it increases. The bitch of this is it only happens about 20% of the time and it seems like it's always working fine when I want to take it to the dealer. I'm waiting for it to completely fail but it may never do that.

2015 Soul Red 6 Sport Auto 2016 Accord EX Auto

I had a couple 2016 loaners. The trans seems different in regular mode in those compared to my 2015. They were much more reponsive. Sport mode was perfect for my tastes.

Once I'm on the throttle hard the car does move well compared to other NA 4 bangers in its class.

My cruise is great. Reliable and accurate. It was hard going back and forth between this and the 5 because the cruise/phone buttons were on opposite sides. Lots of accidental hang ups and brief spooky periods thinking the cruise won't disengage, lol.

Really never had anything wrong with the car aside from an oil leak so that's good.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda6 GT

Just picked up a 2014 M6 @ 45K Miles. It runs great so far, only issues are cosmestic from the careless previous owner...but I got it for a steal so I can't complain!!!

Registered Member

Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT

Quote Originally Posted by 50Joe View Post
    I've got 13k miles on my 2016 GT. I don't think the car is loud on the highway. Seems to have plenty of power when I need to pass someone. More power is always nice but I like the fuel economy. My throttle response seems great. My paint looks factory new still. No orange peel. Brake are great. GPS unit froze twice but a firmware update downloaded by the dealer solved that. My only issue has been the cruise control. Sometimes the buttons don't do the right function. What I mean is to lower the cruise speed I hit that button and it increases or I'll hit cancel and it increases. The bitch of this is it only happens about 20% of the time and it seems like it's always working fine when I want to take it to the dealer. I'm waiting for it to completely fail but it may never do that.
    I reported in here about my cruise control. It's now worked perfectly for the last 2+ weeks. I just don't get this. I figured it would worsen over time, not self heal itself.

Registered Member

Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT

Cruise control still working well. Still makes no logical sense that it seems to have fixed itself.

Registered Member

Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT

25k miles. No issues. The new features in the 2018 6 are cool but I see no reason to upgrade.

Registered Member

2010 CX-9

23k on my Ď16 and only issue I will eventually take it in for is an intermittent overly sensitive passenger weight sensor that tells me to buckle the passenger seat when I put my phone on it.

Iím kind of regretting buying the manual trans but at least the slushbox performs very well. Definitely my favorite auto trans so far.

Registered Member

17 Mazda 6 GT

Too early to report on long term operations, but I just completed my first long drive in my 2017.
    I bought it as a highway cruiser to take to Florida in the winter.
    I left Ottawa (Canada) at the end of January with just over 400 miles on the odo.
    Arrived in Sarasota a few days later with +2100 miles on it.
    Drove flawlessly the whole way down.
    Averaged 37.2 mpg on the interstates (at about 70-75 mph).
    I'll post in more detail about what I thought of it all, but for now, it's been great.
    The only negative thing I will say at the moment is that I'm not a big fan of the 19" Dunlop's.
    I think they'll get changed out sooner than later.

2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual

Got about 60k miles on my 2015 model. Nothing has went wrong with it. Needs new brakes soon but that’s about it...

Some things others have mentioned on this thread:

-stoplight Lag. Very likely due to using 87 octane fuel.
    -paint quality. Yes, it’s horrible. You must touch up scratches if you see metal. Do not follow cars closely or you will get stone chips. Be very careful when washing the car
    -power. No complaints there... the car feels adequate in terms of output. Not tons of power, but the 2.5L doesn’t lack either. Never had a problem with passing or merging onto the highway etc. Transmission makes the most of the available torque
    -winter traction is very good. As long as you got winter tires while driving in the winter, you won’t have any issues.

Reliability so far has been good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12