20,000 Miles On My 2015 Mazda 6 - List of Problems So Far

Cruise control still working well. Still makes no logical sense that it seems to have fixed itself.

25k miles. No issues. The new features in the 2018 6 are cool but I see no reason to upgrade.

23k on my 16 and only issue I will eventually take it in for is an intermittent overly sensitive passenger weight sensor that tells me to buckle the passenger seat when I put my phone on it.

Im kind of regretting buying the manual trans but at least the slushbox performs very well. Definitely my favorite auto trans so far.

Too early to report on long term operations, but I just completed my first long drive in my 2017.
I bought it as a highway cruiser to take to Florida in the winter.
I left Ottawa (Canada) at the end of January with just over 400 miles on the odo.
Arrived in Sarasota a few days later with +2100 miles on it.
Drove flawlessly the whole way down.
Averaged 37.2 mpg on the interstates (at about 70-75 mph).
I'll post in more detail about what I thought of it all, but for now, it's been great.
The only negative thing I will say at the moment is that I'm not a big fan of the 19" Dunlop's.
I think they'll get changed out sooner than later.

Got about 60k miles on my 2015 model. Nothing has went wrong with it. Needs new brakes soon but that’s about it...

Some things others have mentioned on this thread:

-stoplight Lag. Very likely due to using 87 octane fuel.
-paint quality. Yes, it’s horrible. You must touch up scratches if you see metal. Do not follow cars closely or you will get stone chips. Be very careful when washing the car
-power. No complaints there... the car feels adequate in terms of output. Not tons of power, but the 2.5L doesn’t lack either. Never had a problem with passing or merging onto the highway etc. Transmission makes the most of the available torque
-winter traction is very good. As long as you got winter tires while driving in the winter, you won’t have any issues.

Reliability so far has been good

Stop light lag from using 87? has 89/91 been tested to actually make a difference?

Got my '15 GT a year ago with 18K on the clock, now its at 36K. Besides oil changes and new front & rear rotors & pads its been going strong. Only mods to it are 2 8" DC Audio M3 in a TL Box with sound deadening done to the trunk lid and rear deck underside and also a Pioneer AVH2300 headunit put in. The stock Mazda radio is garbage.

At very low speeds, like when I'm hitting the brakes to stop the car when parking I'll get a loud screeching noise from the rear driver side. Its annoying but brakes are excellent. Will have to have it looked at. Also, need to get the emergency parking brake recall done, my local Mazda doesn't have the parts yet.

One thing I noticed yesterday when driving in our current Bay Area "storm", it was super windy and the car was getting pushed around very easy. Maybe I'm just not used to such windy conditions. Tires are appear to be fine.

I have a 2010 Mazda6. Never had any problems of note. This gave me confidence to get another Mazda when replacing my 2002 Acura TL, so I now also have a 2018 CX-5. Mazdas are seriously underappreciated vehicles.

Stop light lag from using 87? has 89/91 been tested to actually make a difference?
Have only hit just over 3,000 miles, but I have tried all different manners of gas blends as a test.
87 octane with 10% ethanol, to 91 octane ethanol free, and mid range blends as well.
Results: didn't notice one iota of difference. Car ran the same on all blends.

Maybe octane makes a difference with turbo engines, but not to the NA engine.

FYI, I have a 2002 Pathfinder that's supposed to use premium gas according to the owners manual.
Mileage sucks on that thing, so I started running cheaper regular 87 gas in it many years ago.
Made absolutely no difference in how it ran or what my mpg's were. What a scam.

I have a contrasting opinion. I now run exclusively 93 octane in my 16 Mazda 6. The biggest difference to me that I notice vs 87 octane is the power delivery on acceleration. To my carefully calibrated butt the power delivery seems much more linear with premium fuel (note: I accelerate fairly aggressively most of the time). I may be full of crap but Im fairly certain the power delivery with 87 octane would have had me trading the vehicle in for something else already, Im quite fickle. But Im still in love with this car and its actually saving me money using the 93 octane.

I have a contrasting opinion. I now run exclusively 93 octane in my 16 Mazda 6. The biggest difference to me that I notice vs 87 octane is the power delivery on acceleration. To my carefully calibrated butt the power delivery seems much more linear with premium fuel (note: I accelerate fairly aggressively most of the time). I may be full of crap but Im fairly certain the power delivery with 87 octane would have had me trading the vehicle in for something else already, Im quite fickle. But Im still in love with this car and its actually saving me money using the 93 octane.

Gas is cheap over in the states, but youre still wasting money. My recommendation is to get an Ecu tune for your 6. That way you will get good power gains and make the full use of higher octane fuel. In the meantime, Id suggest looking for ethanol free fuel instead. An ethanol-free 91 octane is better than ethanol blended 93 fuel.

So I traded my 2015 Mazda6 Touring w/ Bose for a 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring (base). Happy to report I got over 77K miles out of it with just a few minor inconveniences. I never even changed a single light bulb! I hope this 2018 serves me just as well. The suspension is also noticeably higher on the 2018. It provides a much softer and comfy ride, but holy wheel gap, Batman!!! The quieter interior, LED headlights, dimming rear view mirror, and significantly improved seats were well worth the trade IMO. Loving that turbo engine even though it is thirsty.

2014 M6 GT Bluetooth failed at 47K. Mazda dealer replaced Bluetooth module for $327. Other than that, smooth sailing.

So I traded my 2015 Mazda6 Touring w/ Bose for a 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring (base). Happy to report I got over 77K miles out of it with just a few minor inconveniences. I never even changed a single light bulb! I hope this 2018 serves me just as well. The suspension is also noticeably higher on the 2018. It provides a much softer and comfy ride, but holy wheel gap, Batman!!! The quieter interior, LED headlights, dimming rear view mirror, and significantly improved seats were well worth the trade IMO. Loving that turbo engine even though it is thirsty.
Is the 18 broken in yet? What kind of MPG are you seeing on both?

Is the 18 broken in yet? What kind of MPG are you seeing on both?

I just got my first oil change done, so it*s broken in. My first few tanks averaged 28 mpg on regular. I switched to premium and have been seeing 30 mpg on most refills. I use manual calculations and maintain a log in my glovebox. I never look at the mpg numbers on the display. I also got Apple CarPlay/Android Auto installed yesterday, and couldn*t be happier! Hopefully this upgrade will be available on the 3 and CX-5 soon. The improvements made on the 18 are so significant, it really can*t be compared to my 15.

Back