20,000 Miles On My 2015 Mazda 6 - List of Problems So Far

I'm happy to report after 14 months and 20,000 miles of ownership, I haven't had one problem with this thing. When I traded in my '09 VW Passat Komfort 2.0T for the Mazda, I thought I was taking a huge step back in hopes of saving some cash. However, my 6 has out performed that horrible VW in every category. I don't miss that P.O.S. for one second. If only I had taken the plunge into Mazda sooner! Looking forward to learning more about Mazdas through this forum! (headbang)

Our '14 Mazda3 GT - 0 problem. Wife' ride.
New '16 Mazda6 GT/tech - 0 problem. My ride.

Our '14 Mazda3 GT - 0 problem. Wife' ride.
New '16 Mazda6 GT/tech - 0 problem. My ride.

My only issue was I wore out the OEM tires quickly like every other new car I've owned. It's been solid and problem free now for 25,000 miles.

64k on my 14 Mazda 6 with no issues other than 2 recalls that were fixed and cheap garbage factory tires.

Replaced the front rotors/pads at about 68k. They were warped and extremely annoying when braking. They easily still had close to half the pads left, but couldn't take the annoyance anymore! Other than that-going strong at 72k without a squeek or rattle yet...very happy with it so far. Going to be trading it for a 2016 CX-9 next year for the wifey...

Just hit 5k miles on my '16 GT. Did the first oil change. The car has exceeded my expectations thus far.

Replaced the front rotors/pads at about 68k. They were warped and extremely annoying when braking. They easily still had close to half the pads left, but couldn't take the annoyance anymore! Other than that-going strong at 72k without a squeek or rattle yet...very happy with it so far. Going to be trading it for a 2016 CX-9 next year for the wifey...

Hey since you live in Iowa and rather close to where I am, by any chance are you planning on selling your wheels first or you trading those in with the car?

Hey since you live in Iowa and rather close to where I am, by any chance are you planning on selling your wheels first or you trading those in with the car?

I will be getting rid of the car next summer/early fall most likely. I would definitely consider trading or selling them before I get rid of it. What do you have?

I spoke too soon. Now my sliding arm rest has become dislodged. It looks like the pins holding it in place have broken. Even though the car is still under warranty, the dealer I bought it from wants $255.00 to fix it. Anyone else have this issue?

On the *wrapped rotors*
Whenever someone worked on your wheels, you need to check the torque on the bolts.
Mechanics could care less about uneven torque on them. I often found that.
I always re-torque the bolts myself after getting my cars back from the shops.
Found uneven torques all the times. That contributes to wrapped rotors over time.

After that special practice of mine, I have not encountered any so-called *wrapped rotors*.
My two cents.

I've got about 4000 miles on mine so far. All I've noticed is there seems to be a bit of a lag when I hit the gas when the light turns green. The brakes are a bit soft as well, I heard a reviewer mention this I have to really smash on the brakes more than I needed to on my cx5. Also a very strange mechanical sound when I shut the engine off coming from the rear driver side wheel. I must say I am pleased with having a padded glovebox with light! Road and wind noise however is unreal. For a 33,000 car I feel like I'm on the outside of a 737 at cruising altitude when I'm at highway speeds. Sport mode really is great, seats are comfortable. Overall great vehicle, once winter rolls back around that will be the real test however.

20k miles so far. No problems yet, but I'll post some things I don't like about the car in no particular order:

Not enough power.
Coarse engine.
Okay midrange, no top end power.
Throttle response varies greatly from stoplight to stoplight. Almost like Forest Gump and the box of chocolates anytime you change throttle position.
Auto trans in manual mode will downshift at wot.
Washer fluid dribbles out on agressively turns.
Stock Yokos getting loud.
Not enough power.
Car is loud. Especially so when I ride in anyone else's vehicle then get back in mine.
Paint quality is terrible. Not Honda bad, but close.
Brakes too soft.
Too easy to end up with max AC when lowering temp.

That's it for now.

I've got 13k miles on my 2016 GT. I don't think the car is loud on the highway. Seems to have plenty of power when I need to pass someone. More power is always nice but I like the fuel economy. My throttle response seems great. My paint looks factory new still. No orange peel. Brake are great. GPS unit froze twice but a firmware update downloaded by the dealer solved that. My only issue has been the cruise control. Sometimes the buttons don't do the right function. What I mean is to lower the cruise speed I hit that button and it increases or I'll hit cancel and it increases. The b**** of this is it only happens about 20% of the time and it seems like it's always working fine when I want to take it to the dealer. I'm waiting for it to completely fail but it may never do that.

I had a couple 2016 loaners. The trans seems different in regular mode in those compared to my 2015. They were much more reponsive. Sport mode was perfect for my tastes.

Once I'm on the throttle hard the car does move well compared to other NA 4 bangers in its class.

My cruise is great. Reliable and accurate. It was hard going back and forth between this and the 5 because the cruise/phone buttons were on opposite sides. Lots of accidental hang ups and brief spooky periods thinking the cruise won't disengage, lol.

Really never had anything wrong with the car aside from an oil leak so that's good.

Just picked up a 2014 M6 @ 45K Miles. It runs great so far, only issues are cosmestic from the careless previous owner...but I got it for a steal so I can't complain!!!

I've got 13k miles on my 2016 GT. I don't think the car is loud on the highway. Seems to have plenty of power when I need to pass someone. More power is always nice but I like the fuel economy. My throttle response seems great. My paint looks factory new still. No orange peel. Brake are great. GPS unit froze twice but a firmware update downloaded by the dealer solved that. My only issue has been the cruise control. Sometimes the buttons don't do the right function. What I mean is to lower the cruise speed I hit that button and it increases or I'll hit cancel and it increases. The b**** of this is it only happens about 20% of the time and it seems like it's always working fine when I want to take it to the dealer. I'm waiting for it to completely fail but it may never do that.

I reported in here about my cruise control. It's now worked perfectly for the last 2+ weeks. I just don't get this. I figured it would worsen over time, not self heal itself.

Back