Another one down

TexasSpeed

:
2006 MazdaSpeed6
Figured I'd make a final post here... I traded in my '06 Speed 6 after almost 9 years of ownership. I brought her home brand new the day after Thanksgiving, in 2006.

She was bone-stock except for a Cobb short-ram intake. She only had about 78,000 miles. No accidents, and no major repairs. The only work I ever did was front brakes and new front struts.

I always kept a record of the fuel economy. I never ever made less than 21 mpg. For strictly highway trips I never got more than 28 mpg, and usually it was 27.xx.

The car was generally reliable but I probably wouldn't buy another Mazda. My Speed6 was afflicted with a front suspension noise that appeared shortly after the warranty was up. It could only be narrowed down to a bushing in one of the control arms. Fixing it would have been well over $1,000 to replace all 4 arms. This noise was always worse in the summer, and I don't think the words exist to express how annoying it was.

It also had an intermittent engine light related to low coolant temperature. This light would come on and go off randomly, and probably would have been close to $1000 to fix, between a new thermostat and temperature sensors.

Not deal-killers, and the car never left me stranded, but those two issues caused me enough irritation to turn me off from Mazdas.

I replaced it with a 2015 Lincoln MKZ, one with the 300-hp V6.

Don't hate me (poke)

Back