Pioneer 8100nex

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 863
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 765
Looks OEM, very nice... I'm already contemplating HU replacement for the non-existent DIN slot in my '16 :)

CarPlay. Looks very nice.

1. Do you lose access to stock apps like Maintenance minder, Fuel economy monitor etc?
2. Will the steering wheel phone and audio controls work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have all the apps on my cluster panel.
All steering audio controls work but phone controls do not. This does not bother me due to car play is all Voice activated anyway.

CarPlay. Looks very nice.

1. Do you lose access to stock apps like Maintenance minder, Fuel economy monitor etc?
2. Will the steering wheel phone and audio controls work?

What year do you have?

pXuOv0i.jpg

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX. Installed a couple weeks ago, SonicElectronix didn't send me the harness for Bose connection so ended up having to go to a shop after me and my buddy got it all hooked up then no sound lol. Also, connection to retain factory camera couldn't be figured out even by a shop so I'll eventually have to go another shop and have a new reverse camera installed, may do SWC at the same time but not sure since it isn't a big pain. Either way, its a huge step above factory. BT and USB Audio work instantly, album cover display, EQ to make Bose speakers sound good (as good as they can lol). Also, went from a 10" sub in a ported box on 800rms to 2 8" DC Audio M3 in a T-Line box on 1400RMS sounds amazing. Just got a pack of Scotch double sided foam to mount the mic, need to do it tomorrow.

sBvLQcn.jpg

Last edited:
Pioneer AVH-2300NEX. Installed a couple weeks ago, SonicElectronix didn't send me the harness for Bose connection so ended up having to go to a shop after me and my buddy got it all hooked up then no sound lol. Also, connection to retain factory camera couldn't be figured out even by a shop so I'll eventually have to go another shop and have a new reverse camera installed, may do SWC at the same time but not sure since it isn't a big pain. Either way, its a huge step above factory. BT and USB Audio work instantly, album cover display, EQ to make Bose speakers sound good (as good as they can lol). Also, went from a 10" sub in a ported box on 800rms to 2 8" DC Audio M3 in a T-Line box on 1400RMS sounds amazing. Just got a pack of Scotch double sided foam to mount the mic, need to do it tomorrow.

Looks super awesome.
For the camera, the stock camera uses 6V instead of 12V and every HU out there supplies 12V. You need a voltage regulator to change 12V to 6V
Did you need a fasica kit for the HU or some modifications? Or did it fit like this bolt on?

Looks super awesome.
For the camera, the stock camera uses 6V instead of 12V and every HU out there supplies 12V. You need a voltage regulator to change 12V to 6V
Did you need a fasica kit for the HU or some modifications? Or did it fit like this bolt on?

Metra Dash Kit from Sonic Electronix. Fits right in. Love that it looks stock.

Yeah I'm planning to take the car to a shop near my house eventually and either see if they can hook up to the stock camera or just have a new one run (which I'm sure will have better picture quality anyways) and also will have SWC adapter installed.

Back