2016 CX-5 / Bluetooth Audio / Android PowerAmp

:
2024 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Signature
First of all thanks for the great forum. I lurked for a while before taking the plunge on a 2016 CX-5 and learned a lot from you all. I finally picked it up last week and so far I couldn't be happier! It's a 2016 Grand Touring AWD in Soul Red / Parchment with GT Tech, i-ActiveSense, Mazda Mobile Start, and some other bits and pieces. Terrific vehicle. My previous car was an Infiniti G37x and the interior of the Mazda makes me feel like I've taken a step up (wasn't expecting that at all).

The only "problem" that I have is really more of an annoyance. When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 and use it for Bluetooth Audio, it starts up the S5's PowerAmp app. Music plays just fine, but if I try to pull up the "Root List' so that I can switch between albums I get the error "Unable to view the content of the connected device". I know, first world problems! If I manually switch the phone to using the stock Music app then the error disappears and I can see albums / songs / artists without any issue. PowerAmp starts by default every time I reconnect even though I've set the default music app in my phone to the stock music app.

Has anyone else had this problem with PowerAmp, and were you able to get the full Root List displayed please?

Back