Steering wheel cover

diskofranko

:
2013 Mazda5
Can anyone help me. I would like to put a quality steering wheel cover on my 2013 Mazda 5.i want to take the caps off then sew it one so it looks more complete or factory. Can anyone tell me how to take the cruise control and radio control covers off.thanks in advance for any help.

If you are not interested in picking up the needle to sew it. The other option is getting a leather wheel off a higher trim model or Mazdaspeed 3 if you want red stitching. Ebay or junkyard would be a good source to start with. Swapping the wheel is much easier to me. Basically disconnect Battery, 2 bolts + 2 harnesses on the wheel to remove air bag. Then another bolt in center holding the wheel body. Once you have the wheel off. Swapping the buttons are pretty straight forward.

2015-07-15%2013.41.52.jpg

It's one of those things I'd like to do one of these days, but I really don't want to blow several hundred dollars on an OEM wheel. I miss the leather wheel in my 3. :(

Question for you. Did you buy just the skeleton and swap over all of your hardware (buttons, airbag, cover)? I'm curious because I installed a pioneer carplay stereo. The paperwork with the steering wheel control adapter specifically states it utilizes factory steering wheel controls and includes things like the call/answer buttons. So presumably it would work with the phone buttons if I swapped a wheel with those in. Would be a nice addition.

Back