New to Mazda. P5 part interchangeability with sedan

norcalP5

:
2003 P5
Just purchased my P5 DD duty after my other DD was stolen 3 weeks ago(Honda CRV). I purchased it with a broken driver side headlight from a fender bender. The seller assured that it is minor. When I took off the bumper the frame is bent. Now the car is at the body shop getting frame fixed. Will the front grill & bumper beam from a same year sedan fit the P5? I called aftermarket body parts shop and they cannot get those parts for a P5. They said it is dealer only. Tried local yards and they don't have a P5 available at the moment but plenty of sedans. thanks

They're the same dimensions, but they look different, especially the headlights. I'd lurk this site for someone parting out a P5. I know for sure that there are some P5 headlights here. For the fenders, make sure the one you get matches the other one you already have. Some have a side marker on them and some (earlier ones) don't.

Where in the bay are you? Near santa cruz maybe?

bumper beam is the same from the sedans as long as they have the same front as the MSP/MP3. The regular sedan bumper beam is plastic and wont fit the P5 bumper
The grill also only fits the sedan bumper, so if you are looking for a grill for the P5, it has to be MSP/MP3or a P5 specific part. All those bumpers are identical except the MSP doesnt have the side marker built in to the bumper.
Message a guy named ScratchnSniff. Hes local to me and hoards protege parts so he should have what you are looking for

Hello natey Im from santa clara.

They're the same dimensions, but they look different, especially the headlights. I'd lurk this site for someone parting out a P5. I know for sure that there are some P5 headlights here. For the fenders, make sure the one you get matches the other one you already have. Some have a side marker on them and some (earlier ones) don't.

Where in the bay are you? Near santa cruz maybe?

Thank you for the great info and lead. Ill send scratch a PM.

bumper beam is the same from the sedans as long as they have the same front as the MSP/MP3. The regular sedan bumper beam is plastic and wont fit the P5 bumper
The grill also only fits the sedan bumper, so if you are looking for a grill for the P5, it has to be MSP/MP3or a P5 specific part. All those bumpers are identical except the MSP doesnt have the side marker built in to the bumper.
Message a guy named ScratchnSniff. Hes local to me and hoards protege parts so he should have what you are looking for

Ebay has the front lamps, under $100 for the pair. Check if you have a certifit in your area or close by, its an aftermarket body panel place

Ebay has the front lamps, under $100 for the pair. Check if you have a certifit in your area or close by, its an aftermarket body panel place

Ebay was the first place i checked but those prices are for sedans. Usually aftermarket brand as well. I called kapa, aftermarket body parts suppliers and they do not carry bumper bar or headlights for the p5. Local yards here have a set of clean oem headlights but id rather stick with p5 dual headlights.

I actually just had this same issue. The grille is a slightly different shape so you'll need that. the foam crash bar doesn't either, but mine was pretty much ruined anyway. The lights fit, there's a slightly larger gap than normal (but that could be my eyes)

The splash guards on the P5 are also lower and wider too, but I trimmed mine to fit.

6/10 I probably wouldn't do it again.

http://www.imgur.com/YV0uXTt

That's what it looks like if you're curious.

Last edited:
Back