Feeling a bit bad about the dealership survey...

two days after taking delivery, I discovered a huge discrepiency in ride quality between the test drive car and my car. I suspect the tires were underinflated in the tester, big surprise. when I checked my CX5, sure enough the tires were over-inflated but to all different PSI. I called the Mazda customer line about this because the driving experience was so completely different. during that call I suggested the dealer might have been deceptive re tire inflation of test vehicle. at the end of the call, though, I asked the Mazda rep to NOT report this because I was concerned about making an enemy out of the dealer for no reason.
She said she understood that and would not report.
But I still haven't seen a survey (3 months later). What's up with that? I had a generally good experience w/ the dealer and want them to be recognized, and also really really want to say Bravo to Mazda because this engineering is very good, way ahead of everything else in the segment.

Tiregate...!

"Moon Tom" stated in part...

I suspect the tires were underinflated in the tester. I suggested the dealer might have been deceptive re tire inflation of test vehicle.

(sssh) Maybe it's another "Tom Brady and Deflate-gate" in the making! (uhm)

CX5T Lover

My finance woman was really fast... But gee, look at that. An error in the math. Seems she added 1k to the sale price of the car. Maybe she just hit the wrong key when entering it in, but she sure didn't double check it, that was up to me.

Give them the score you think they deserve. I hate being prepped for these surveys...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a good read on why they want all 10's http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/how-t...rvey-as-leverage-to-get-1595835486/1601118434

I went to a different Mazda dealer than my normal one for some service and it was a terrible experience. First their systems were down so they couldn't perform the warranty work I wanted done. Second they forgot about my car and it sat there for 3 hours before I asked what was going on. All I needed was an oil change since the warranty work couldn't be done. Mans their lounge area sucked and had no wifi access. I got a survey from Mazda and filled it out honestly I think I gave them a 6 or so. I received a call from the service manager appologizing and he offered me a $10 credit (which is a joke). I could tell by the tone of their voice they were very pissed off as I likely cost them a lot of money based on what that article stated.

So the lesson is to use the survey to your advantage and get something out if it.

And to those not receiving a survey, the salesmen are likely making fake email addresses or something like that so they get the survey themselves and can fill it out. Every new car sale should get one.

Last edited:
Here's a good read on why they want all 10's http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/how-t...rvey-as-leverage-to-get-1595835486/1601118434

I went to a different Mazda dealer than my normal one for some service and it was a terrible experience. First their systems were down so they couldn't perform the warranty work I wanted done. Second they forgot about my car and it sat there for 3 hours before I asked what was going on. All I needed was an oil change since the warranty work couldn't be done. Mans their lounge area sucked and had no wifi access. I got a survey from Mazda and filled it out honestly I think I gave them a 6 or so. I received a call from the service manager appologizing and he offered me a $10 credit (which is a joke). I could tell by the tone of their voice they were very pissed off as I likely cost them a lot of money based on what that article stated.

So the lesson is to use the survey to your advantage and get something out if it.

And to those not receiving a survey, the salesmen are likely making fake email addresses or something like that so they get the survey themselves and can fill it out. Every new car sale should get one.

Who would we contact if we never got a survey then? The dealer we bought from? Mazda customer service?

ours came from mazda, not the dealer, based on the email address we provided to the dealer
so mazda would be the one to contact - it is their survey, not the dealer's :)

interesting read in the article link posted above - really brings home that there ARE more $$ in the purchase transaction than the Sales Mgr whines and cries about

Last edited:
Who would we contact if we never got a survey then? The dealer we bought from? Mazda customer service?

Mazda directly. I could be wrong, but every new car sale should generate a survey, at least that has been my experience. Service visits I think are randomly picked, as I don't get one after every visit.

Dealers manipulating their surveys isn't something that is unheard of http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/subaru-claims-dealership-falsified-surveys-to-avoid-ter-1685161385

I never got my dealer survey, the dealer somehow was successful at keeping me from getting it.

Back