Bluetooth connection keeps failing on my new 2016 CX-5

CX-9 owner here... My 2016 (released this year) is plagued with Bluetooth problems. Mazda has been having these issues for years and they can't get their software straight. It's a shame. Regarding live traffic, this is the response I got from their customer service:

Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center. Please accept our apologies for the delay in response.

We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding that you may have experienced as it pertains to "Live Traffic" for your CX-9's Navigation system. Mazda vehicles with the MazdaConnect System do not offer this service and instead offer real-time traffic alerts. Real-time traffic alerts are delivered through Clear Channel's Total Traffic HD Network (TTN) and HD Radio technology. This service allows drivers the ability to see a local traffic map with green, yellow, and red flow patterns of the current conditions. This service is completely free to consumers and can be accessed by selecting the HD Radio Traffic Map from the applications menu in your vehicle's Mazda Connect System.

Once again we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please rest assured that we have documented your concerns for our record and your feedback will be shared with our Product Planning team for further review and evaluation.

Should you have additional questions or feedback, please feel free to either reply to this email or call me at the number and extension below.

And the HD real time traffic still does not show the northern part of the i485 belt loop even though it was completed 1-1/2 years ago

I have had the car for a few weeks now and its offical Google traffic will not play through the audio system (when connected to the radio) unless you are on a call or streaming music terrible for me. My only option is to turn off bluetooth and listen to updates from the phone speaker , which is crazy because you cannot do hadsfree calls unreal.

I have had the car for a few weeks now and its offical Google traffic will not play through the audio system (when connected to the radio) unless you are on a call or streaming music terrible for me. My only option is to turn off bluetooth and listen to updates from the phone speaker , which is crazy because you cannot do hadsfree calls unreal.

Have you tried to tune the settings in Google Map app to force the voice prompt via phone speaker instead of default Bluetooth audio?
I believe you can keep bluetooth connected to the car for phone calls while using phone speaker for the Google Map navigation.

Back