Cx9 Hazard Lights wont turn off

Johnny312

:
Mazda
Tried starting up my car and looked like the battery was dead. Upon getting a jump, once the car turned on, my hazard lights were on. However they would not turn off (pressing the hazard light switch).

Not sure how my battery drained but it might of been the hazard lights were left on. Any thoughts on fixing. Did the jump screw up the hazard lights switch.

Dealer said its 80 dollars to install and switch is like 40 bucks.

any insight would be appreciated.

I would buy the switch and just change it myself save that 80 bucks. There is a youtube video on how to take the dash apart.

Do you regularly park with the hazards lights on or something? I'm trying to figure out why you think the car might have been left with the hazards lights on. Seems like something you would notice leaving the vehicle.

It's much less likely for a switch to fail in the on position than in the off position. I'd start by pulling the switch and testing it with an ohm meter to see if continuity is being broken in the off position like it should. If it is your problem isn't the switch. Any chance you hooked the jumper cables up backwards for a second by mistake?

Back