2016 Mazda6 PARCHMENT INTERIOR? Is it too white?

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I got to check out a 2016 Mazda6 with the Parchment interior.

It looked like it was a GOLF GLOVE inside the car, it was so white.
I am wondering how it is holding up as far as living with a color that white.
The interior driver door parchment panel already was smudged on the 4.1 mile example I saw.

Last edited:
I'm way too OCD to even consider that interior. I bet it looks like hell after a year.

White interior does not absorb heat as much as black one.
I owned that before.
Of course, tinting helps thermal rejection.
Even for front windows (70% allowed in CA), you can get the 3M Crystalline (more $$$).
You can even use it for front windshield.

Note that tinting does not help UV rejection.
The tints do, but the glasses from factory are already coated with UV rejecting film.
Adding more UV rejection helps very very little.
99% vs. 99.99%

The point of tinting is "thermal rejection".

It's too bad they don't offer a more user-friendly and forgiving rich saddle or cognac tone leather interior. It would look great with the gray, black, white or deep blue paint colors. Would also make the car appear a bit more masculine as well as up-market, since these leather colors are offered on many high-end cars such as Mercedes, Lexus, etc. I am thinking of getting a '16 6 GT in the deep blue metallic with the parchment interior when I turn in my '14 CX-5 GT but worry how the sensitive color will hold up under normal use. The black leather in my CX-5 has held up beautifully in the 27K miles I have put on it since new. I did read that some CX-5 owners have complained that the color or dye from levis, and other dark materials will actually transfer onto the light colored leather interior of those cars - strange and disturbing. You would think that these leathers would be treated so that one could simply wipe them clean from time to time. I would almost opt for the leatherette in the Touring level if I could also get Nav on that model.

Like TJ mentioned, there's been complaints about dye transfer from clothing. And...it's nearly white. It's absolutely going to show more filth than a darker color.
That said, it looks gorgeous. I'd have had it in my 3, but with having kids...I couldn't bear the thought of a multicolored rear seat.

Also, I agree there should be more offerings on interior color and configuration from Mazda...black and white?

At least give us some beige or something.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back