2015 CX-5 Touring makes high-pitch "dog whistle" noise after car is driven for 30 min

Just got my car back from the dealer. I made sure to drive until the "whistle" started before I took it back to the service department and I also brought a copy of this thread! The mechanic heard the noise as soon as he reached 40 MPH. They actually put the car up on a lift and had someone "drive" to recreate the sound while someone was underneath the car with a stethoscope ��. They were able to find exactly where it was coming from. They just had to lubricate the left axle shaft seal and the noise disappeared!

Nice n easy, thanks for following up. Things like that will probably repeat with others.

2015 CX-5 Touring makes high-pitch "dog whistle" noise after car is driven for 30 min

⋯ They were able to find exactly where it was coming from. They just had to lubricate the left axle shaft seal and the noise disappeared!
Is the left axle shaft seal on the transaxle side? How did they "lubricate" a seal instead of replace it? (uhm)

Back