Backup Cam Grid Lines Off?

MrM1

:
2016 CX-5
Is there any way to turn off the grid lines ? Are they typically not alighened straight? Mine are slightly skewed ... Meaning, if I line them up with a parallel point to the car ( like a curb). I end up backing up crooked if I use the camera. Can I just turn them off? Are all CX-5 grid lines off like that?

I think it is because the camera lens is a slightly wide angle and it is to be used as a backup camera and not used for parking. Ed. I don't think there is anyway to turn off the lines.

Last edited:
1) improper use of the how-to section. This section is for sharing information, think instruction manuals, on HOW-TO do something. Not HOW-DO I do something. Big difference, common mistake.

2) have you read your owners manual? There is a surprising amount of useful information in that thing.

3) the lines will be a bit scued because of the extreme wide angle lens. My guess is the lines are actually quite accurate but because of the extreme fisheye effect of the lens any minor deviation from straight doesn't show up as well on the camera. Your car may be off by 10 degrees or so but it doesn't show nearly that much off on the camera. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Back