Mazda 5 - Manual Transmission problem - hard to shift into reverse or 1st

BenWa

:
Mazda 5 2006
Hi,

I have a Mazda 5 with a manual transmission and for few weeks shifting into reverse was hard. But when I was shifting into 5th, then sliding into reverse, it was doing fine.
But this week, the 1st and 2nd gear are starting doing something similar.
It's hard to get into 1st, most of the time it slides into 3rd. And the 2nd slides into 4th.

I check the transmission oil level, and it's good. Maybe a bit dark.

Is it a change the transmission kind of problem or I can fix that?

It's a '06 Mazda 5, 271 000 Km.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a Mazda 5 with a manual transmission and for few weeks shifting into reverse was hard. But when I was shifting into 5th, then sliding into reverse, it was doing fine.
But this week, the 1st and 2nd gear are starting doing something similar.
It's hard to get into 1st, most of the time it slides into 3rd. And the 2nd slides into 4th.

I check the transmission oil level, and it's good. Maybe a bit dark.

Is it a change the transmission kind of problem or I can fix that?

It's a '06 Mazda 5, 271 000 Km.

Thanks!

Just had my Mazda 5 (2008 and 115,000kms) towed after being unable to select reverse, and most other gears are a jumble. I bought it from a Peugeot dealer with full warranty just 2 months ago. It has spent far too long in the garage with a DPF fault (DPF and sensor changed) so this is a long catalogue of problems. Engineer checked the external linkages but recons the problem is inside the box. Sounds like another expensive repair for Peugeot..

Quick update on the above post.. went to the garage today to moan about no contact from them (normal here in France) and was told the repair was done. Seems to have been an issue with the shift linkage to the gearbox - maybe the rods coming adrift. Couldn't work it our exactly as my technical French isn't brilliant. Anyone here heard of such a thing happening?

Back