NaturalFlavored Build *New*

:
Mazda P5
2003 Mazda Protege5
134k miles picked up. Was thinking of keeping a stock clean daily but decided to go a different route.
First mod was AEM CAI. Bought off Mazdas247. Made it sound a little mean.
Then swapped out the OEM headlights with Canadian OEM headlights (black housing) also bought off of Mazdas247.

Then i bought a Mazdaspeed axle back modified to fit the P5. Bought off of Mazdas247.
Sound's awesome.

Bought Lowering springs (1.4" drop) . Also bought from Mazdas247. Tekico lowering springs installed.

Installed a B&M short shifter with a Blox weighted shifter knob. Ebay boot with green stitching to replace my torn one. Girlfriend got for me for Christmas.

Bought An OEM Nardi steering wheel from mica.msp on Mazdas247.com Sadly it didn't have a place for cruise control so I slightly modified it to be compatible.

Bought from Mazdas247 a MP3 ECU. Finally installed, bought a second intake manifold to clean up and get rid of the non essentials. VTCS delete kept VICS.

Installed Carbon Fiber radio bezel.
Installed Carbon Fiber cup holders and armrest.
Bought off of mazdas247

Transmission went out at 175k miles, put one in with only 75k.

Bought AWR mounts, look and feel great. Front and Rear 88 durometer, side mounts are inserts.

Carbon Fiber Window Switches bought off of here from Jperera

Bought a used 4-1 header from Mazdas247. Great condition, been waiting a while to get a header.

Progress Rear Sway bar and Mazdaspeed door sills bought off of mazdas247.

Bought a Erebuni wing off of mazdas247, painting it stock color before installing.
Before lowering

After lowering

Before modifications

After modifications

Chrome headlights

Canadian OEM headlights

Before and After Muffler

Before and After shifters

Moog sway bar end links
(Looks a lot more solid than stock)

Nardi with stock cruise controls

Carbon Fiber radio bezel
Carbon Fiber cup holders
Carbon Fiber armrest

Carbon Fiber Window Switches

A/C Fix

Before and After Transmission
Went out at 172,xxx miles

AWR Mounts

Header 4-1

Installed a second coin holder to replace the dummy plug

Mazdaspeed Door sills

Progress Rear Sway bar

Erebuni Wing and stubby antenna

Weathertech Window Visors

626 Valve Cover

Last edited:
I highly recommend the Mazda 6 Front brake swap with the Mazda 626 Rear swap. It has made tons of difference in stopping power.

Got rid of the second connector for the VTCS and relocated the coolant reservoir/ intake because it's monsoon season here.

Have to go to the junkyard to get a new coolant reservoir because my finger went through the side of mine today. As you can see the duct tape on it.

Last edited:
20160609_152246_zps2efcompr.jpg

You front end alignment is incorrect. Both strut tops are not in their factory positions. I bet the car is not handling like it should.

However, I'd leave the right hand side where it is and rotate just the left to mirror the right. This will put the front end at maximum positive caster and it will handle better than when in the factory position. Steering will feel slightly heavier at parking speeds but well worth it. :D

See extract from manual below.

Image2.jpg

Thanks for that info. A link to that thread would of been nice too.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...imate-Alignment-Thread-Explanation-and-How-to

Ummm... A link to what thread!?? I wasn't aware there WAS a thread! Arrogant much??? (moon)

Oh.. and even if I knew of that thread you linked, I would not have posted it. Obviously the OP isn't very cluey on suspension geometry for a daily driven Protege. His recommended settings are 2.5 negative camber for front and 1.5 negative for rear!!??? Please!! (stfu)

Back