Just another yellow P5 build...

Which one? The silver one, or my new one?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

one in this picture.

cache.php

Gotcha, I really liked that one. It's a really good design if you plan to run it inline with your pcv system. I switched to a fully vented can for both ports on the vc. I don't want anything going back into the intake. And it's just a lot simpler.

Ordered an sls catless 2.5" midpipe, as well as an obx 2.5" catback. My current exhaust is in pretty sad shape. Stock midpipe with a hacked up, crush bent resonator section, chokes down to like 1.75 in the bend before the muffler section. Mazdaspeed axleback is nice though. Might end up keeping it on there if I don't like the axleback that comes with the obx.

So where did you get your forged parts? I would really like a price estimate!

So where did you get your forged parts? I would really like a price estimate!
Sorry for the delay. Got the rods from a fellow forum member and pistons from cross over auto. Expect to pay between 8-1500 depending on what you want and where you want it from.

And sorry I haven't updated this in a while guys. My photobucket account tanked and I haven't had the strength to create a new one till now.

Not much has changed with the car, got some new parts and took home my first car show trophy! That was exciting, some of you may have seen my post on fb.

Took best Mazda at Seattle Driftcon 2017!

20170603_200911_zpsf6hqwua0.jpg

Got my CR3 motorsports billet dipstick handle, which is awesome!

20170612_203225_zpsed1mq3eu.jpg

Got a used CR3 adp/grill cover, which I've since sanded and polished.

20170614_231821_zpsgkrlkpgl.jpg

And a set of used carbon fiber hood dampers.

20170614_231905_zpspnzpdfnv.jpg

Thanks to KCKrogoth for the grill plate and dampers!

Love to see an update on this car!
I really need to take some new pics! Photobucket locked me out of my old account and I just haven't had much willpower to update since then.

Main updates are 440cc injectors, tuned on 16psi, gtspec rear v-brace, and I added a 12" aux slim fan. Also fixed an oil leak which turned out to be my valve cover gasket. Not much else going on, still planning to have a 2.5" straight pipe made.

Photobucket is crap. I stopped using it a while ago. Someone said you can actually image host directly through the forum. I started using ImgBB, seems to work well.

On the topic of your build, how did Stancewars go?

Photobucket is crap. I stopped using it a while ago. Someone said you can actually image host directly through the forum. I started using ImgBB, seems to work well.

On the topic of your build, how did Stancewars go?
Stancewars was great, huge turnout, lots of fun. Just went to import faceoff last sunday too. That was a great show. It was at pacific raceways, and somebody had an fd that ran a 7.5sec quarter mile. Kinda wanted to run my car, but didnt. I'd be curious what kind of time it'd do.

i need to install my 440cc injectors and have someone help me tune it but i'm lazy and just enjoying the car at the moment. i dont imagine i could drop them in and still drive it without it dumping too much fuel.

i need to install my 440cc injectors and have someone help me tune it but i'm lazy and just enjoying the car at the moment. i dont imagine i could drop them in and still drive it without it dumping too much fuel.
The 440cc tune in the ssafc thread is actually a very good base tune. I thought I was gunna have more issues than I did, but it was very easy. I mostly just pulled some fuel from 0.5-1.5 psi across the board and added some to the top end. Afrs stay in the high 10s thru mid 11s the whole time.

sounds like i need to email u my future datalogs lol. when i drop in the 440cc injectors i plan on upping boost to 15-16 psi on the stock turbo. did the map you use from the afc thread readjust fuel for idle and out of boost too? i'm really new to all this

Back