Just another yellow P5 build...

The whiteline links are off eBay. Like 54 bucks. They are the ones that you cut the threaded rod to shorten them to the length you need. 10mm studs. They perform exactly the same as normal oem swaybar links, they are just shorter in my case.

Got some new tires. Ohtsu fp7000s in a 205/40/17. They ride pretty well, and road noise is definately tolerable for such a small tire. And i've got alot more clearance compared to the massive 215/45s i had. In the process of dropping it some more to get rid of the newly created gap.

Alright, car has been dropped and aligned. Super low now, very happy with it. Still got to get the fronts a little flusher.
Here's a pic of the rear fitment:
9-28-15%20015_zpst2lg8yfx.jpg

And with the new ride height, my progress rear swaybar would have been at like a 45 degree angle with the links so horizontal it would have been completely ineffective. The way i have mounted the swaybar is under the lateral links rather than above. Heres how my setup works.

First off, i got these motorcycle bar clamps with a 7/8 hole. 7/8' is the diameter most standard handlebars are. and they fit tightly on the megan lateral links. I drilled a hole through each of them to bolt to the swaybar.
Sorry for the quality.
9A93E3F9-1372-4044-9FEF-DAAC7E2C94C9_zpsztrhlcim.jpg

I got four sets of these thrust bearings with an i.d of 10mm so they fit snugly on the bolts im using. These are to let the swaybar and bolt rotate independently of the bracket. These are pretty nifty.

9-28-15%20007_zps839lh8ki.jpg

9-28-15%20008_zpsugpyvy6b.jpg

And heres how it all goes together. Attaching the swaybar this way makes it much stiffer. any delay in response caused by the endlinks is eliminated. Total slot car handling now.

9-28-15%20013_zpschvwzu28.jpg

9-28-15%20014_zpsjzkuux3p.jpg

And an engine bay shot. No more power steering. Dont mind the ugly heat shield.

9-28-15%20018_zpsbedf11b7.jpg

And i made a vented power steering fluid reservoir from a honda reservior.
9-28-15%20021_zpsxspslkpe.jpg

Thats all for now.

Awesome updates! Nice info too with the RSB, might have to try that when I get coils. The bay is also looking very clean, well done man. Keep it up! (thumb)

Replaced my front two sets of corksport shifter bushings with Kia kky0146062. I still have the bronze bushings in the shifter base. My trans used to grind going into 2nd a little when cold. Now its smooth as butter.

001_zps4kbxonml.jpg

They look delicious don't they.

Looking forward to more from this build! any body shots of your car after the coilovers? Huge drop! I used to be on the floor but I increased my tire size

Kia Sephia bushings? Hmm, how'd you come up with that? Haha ^Looking forward to said pictures!

Kia Sephia bushings? Hmm, how'd you come up with that? Haha ^Looking forward to said pictures!

Kia sephias are mostly protege. BG protege, but protege none the less. And im hoping to get the pictures taken today. Just need to find a good spot. Im sick of my usual spots.

I had to revise my rear swaybar setup after one of my bearings exploded. Got some short heim joints in there now. Now the setup is alot more durable.

002_zps58j5mewz.jpg

009_zpsmzyw2np5.jpg

Then I had some time last night to work on cleaning up some wires in the engine bay a little more. Still not there yet, but its getting there little by little... and i ran out of tape...

003_zpslmkyncbt.jpg

008_zps5lfobxmq.jpg

And lastly I took some pictures today. The lighting sucks because it was about to rain, but here they are anyways.

010_zpsfxudpjai.jpg

013_zpsoy3elpg7.jpg

015_zpsjibtyo3k.jpg

Thanks man. I thought so too. And the finish is pretty fantastic for rattle can. Thumbs up for duplicolor wheel paint.

And in other news I got my MP3 ecu installed. Install took about five minutes. I am very impressed by it. The car just drives so much better. Didnt even have much weirdness after the reset. So far i am very happy. I highly recommend this to everyone.

Back