Just another yellow P5 build...

sounds good man. im going to bug you with some questions about how you ran your oil lines with that fancy oil pump and fpr you got. my swaps happening sooooooooon

Check DocB's thread "FS-DE oil system" for an in depth breakdown of that setup great stuff in there.

And im both very happy that you are running and also very jealous at the same time haha im so busy with work and life lately that I have had zero time for my own build so I have to live the dream vicariously through you! So thank you for keeping my dream alive!

Check DocB's thread "FS-DE oil system" for an in depth breakdown of that setup great stuff in there.

yeah i got that diagram and i understand that much. but i'm dumb and need some other small questions answered lol. i don't want to relay bad information to my friend that's doing the swap.

jackie chan, i'll whip up a sketch for my question within a couple days.

And im both very happy that you are running and also very jealous at the same time haha im so busy with work and life lately that I have had zero time for my own build so I have to live the dream vicariously through you! So thank you for keeping my dream alive!

Man, that's awesome to know. And I want to thank you again for selling me the lip and 626 mani. Both of those pieces have really made a huge difference in how I feel about my car. And the 626 mani makes working on it so easy.

Pulled the oil pan and mbsp off my old motor, removed the rods and pistons. Everything looks good. The oil holes in all the pistons were plugged with sludge. But the bores are perfect as well as the rod journals. Haven't pulled the main caps yet, but this is a much better starting point than my other block. Gunna clean and oil everything, wrap it all up. Maybe at some point get some more pistons and get the block bored just for sake of time in the future if anything happens to the current motor. Gunna go tighter on the piston to wall clearances next time. The slap kinda freaks me out. But all still seems to be going fine.

Loaded the FMIC map, ran decent, but a little too rich. Swapped back to my version of the supermap. Drove fine. Then began getting instant fuel cut at 0psi. Very strange. Drove home, disconnected the battery, going to reload the supermap and hope it was just a fluke.

Cranked up the boost to 10psi! Tune still looks great, steady 11.2-11.7 afr in boost rounds off to high 10s in the very upper range. The car really moves, took it out on the freeway, and passing power in 4th is insane.

Low gears, it just spins. My suspension is so stiff that any minor imperfection in the road will cause a huge one-wheel-peel. I get stuck going down steep driveways because my front inside wheel lifts off the ground, and the open diff only spins the tire that's off the gound... This has been made a little worse with the MS front sway bar too. Wouldn't trade it for anything though, rides perfect. Funnest car I've ever driven, and I get to drive it every day!

im really considering upgrading the hell out of my suspension
i mean coming from a miata, the handling is a ways off from how a miata handles..
but id like to make it near to that feel B)

btw, those suspension colors... just gotta say, go Gators muaha

im really considering upgrading the hell out of my suspension
i mean coming from a miata, the handling is a ways off from how a miata handles..
but id like to make it near to that feel B)

btw, those suspension colors... just gotta say, go Gators muaha

I definately recommend yellowspeeds. And the progress rear bar is awesome. And I'm really digging the msp front bar too. I can hardly make the car lean at all in a turn, it just squats down. Rediculously fun.

Mounted my remote volume control knob for the tablet that I hope to install soon. Still working on the bezel for it. All it needs are the sides to be grey suede wrapped.

20170221_223439_zpsa7ousvsu.jpg

20170221_223911_zpscknhsjsv.jpg

I definately recommend yellowspeeds. And the progress rear bar is awesome. And I'm really digging the msp front bar too. I can hardly make the car lean at all in a turn, it just squats down. Rediculously fun.

plan on taking it on the track at all?

i'm a total noob when it comes to it. never done it competitively but attended a couple open track days. was a blast

Yo! Bumping this to ask,

Read a couple pages, but what kind of rear strut bar are you running?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Not a good pic yet, still need to get one during the day, and shoulda turned the tablet brightness down, but you guys get the idea, I'm stoked.

20170302_205841_zpsy05vskaj.jpg

Back