Just another yellow P5 build...

Drove some more. Abs now throwing codes 11, 33, and 46.
My front abs sensors aren't close enough to the rings. All the wiring checks out. Gunna do some more grinding in the hopes of getting them closer. They're still pretty far off.

Does anyone wanna take an approx. Measurement between their abs sensor and the teeth of the ring?

Wow, that's thorough. Didn't think that'd be outlined in the manual. I'm at 4.4mm, Which means I've got a ways to go in order to get to 1.1mm. Much harder to do on the car unfortunately.

Yeah, they're weathertechs. I love them. To my knowledge they've only been available in the "light" tint, but I think they're perfect. With stiff suspension and solid motor mounts, they do tend to squeak a bit with the windows partially down. I lube the tracks from time to time to stop it.

After some careful grinding, I managed to get the abs sensors to fit perfectly!

If any of you ever attempt to turn non-abs knuckles into abs knuckles, definantly do this portion of the work off the car. There was not alot of room to work.

20170115_203445_zpsq2rzc3df.jpg

20170115_203617_zpsrie06k8r.jpg

I wish I didn't have it. It's just a pain and it makes the bay ugly. That being said, you're bay better be beautiful because my abs gives you a huge head start. Haha.

Haven't driven it yet. But it should. We bleeded the brakes AGAIN. And the pedal is as hard as a rock, so hopefully brakes are all good now.

I wish I didn't have it. It's just a pain and it makes the bay ugly. That being said, you're bay better be beautiful because my abs gives you a huge head start. Haha.
Lmao, I'm going to keep AC and PS for a while longer though if I can figure out how to get them working with the Haltech.....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Took the car for a bit of a drive today. Abs sensors fully operational, speedometer is back, and brakes are better than I've ever felt. Car feels amazing. Boosts between 5-7 psi. Drives perfect.

Interesting that your ABS sensors not being positioned properly made the paddle go to the floor. (dunno)

I've driven with both front ABS sensors disconnected and the brakes worked 100% as before. Only the ABS light on the dash. Can't see how a faulty/misaligned ABS sensor could make the brakes fail like that.

I don't think they were related. We bled them again and some bubbles came out. Must of been extra from the master cylinder. Took 3 quarts total of brake fluid.

^^ He did bleed the brakes one more time... He probably got the last bubble out....

Wow man compared to your p5 mine looks like I take it rally racing XD sweet build man I really love the attention to detail it definitely makes your protege stand out place s I've learned a lot from this build alone keep it going man

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Back