backup camera recommendation for sport cx5

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi,
My sport (base) model come with basic radio only. I am not sure what is the best way, so please give me some suggestions. If I can, I like to have bluetooth for hand free talking.
1) Just get wired or wireless back up camera.
2) Get GPS unit with back up camera
'3) Get new head unit with built in bluetooth and back up camera?
If you have specific model that you recommend please let me know.
Thanks

Id recommend option 3. The latest and greatest is Pioneer AVX-4100NEX, it has all the features, even includes Android Auto (Requires Cell with Android 5.0 or higher) and Car Auto for IPhone.

You'll get Bluetooth, will be able to attach a rear camera and mirror your cell display in he headunit.

I had the same want as well.

I came up with the least expensive idea:
- replace rearview mirror with after market that has a 5" screen built in - cost $15
- put a rear camera near the license plate, comes with 16ft of line leading to the rear view mirror and activates/is powered by (+) off the rear reverse lights which also triggers the monitor in the rear view mirror to turn on. - cost $8

There you go ~$25 solution. fully automatic and non-invasive

cons:
- after market rear view mirror doesnt have a flip setting for night driving
- the 16ft wire leading to the rear view mirror will be seen between the head liner the mirror, next to the windshield

I almost executed this plan, but having second thoughts on keeping the car much longer. but this is a great solution.

Back