CX-5 Pinstriped ?

MrM1

:
2016 CX-5
I was thinking about running a Silver Pinstripe on my 2016 Titanium Flash CX-5 but realized the body does not follow a clean line from front to back. That the body accent under the door windows only runs from the rear tail light to the rear of the front wheel well.

Has anyone seen Pin striping done? I cannot find any pics. Wonder if it would look decent? My idea would be the typical double thin / thick type stripe.

This is the only pic I could find, But it's not real clear:
attachment.php

I'll warn you up front; you'll get a lot of negative feedback about pinstriping her (or on any auto forum for that matter) as it's a terribly dated item.

My CX5 came with pinstripes, and I actually don't mind them. They are directly under the windows and follow the bottom of them.

pinstripe1_zpsopwxysvs.jpeg

pinstripe3_zps2s8qin8q.jpeg

pinstripe2_zpsdvo6dmkb.jpeg

Dated or not, it's personal opinion. I think pinstripes look tacky and out of place on nearly any car. For the CX-5 in particular,I feel like Mazda put so many swoops and curves and creases in the sheet metal of this thing that a pinstripe ruins the car's natural lines. Especially when one runs lower than the pics above and comes up on the front fender flares.

Last edited:
Mine had already been pinstriped at the dealership before I went there. It's not something I would have done myself, but it didn't bother me enough to not get it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 1,456
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 749
Mine had already been pinstriped at the dealership before I went there. It's not something I would have done myself, but it didn't bother me enough to not get it.
Thanks - that is the line I'm Looking for ... What color is that?

our dealer in Longwood FL pinstripes many (most) of their cars (painted stripes with a tiny Mazda logo in the rear).
looks tasteful, fortunately they brought mine in from another dealer and I don't have the stripes...

Dmac, I know exactly which dealer you're talking about and I hate the pinstriping they do to most of their cars, then tack that on as an additional cost. (along with nitrogen in the tires and tint for the front windows). I told the manager I'd want him to take off more money because he drew on a car I wanted.

Ended up not going with them because of the salesman's attitude, the pinstriping and moonroof deflector.

That's a shame Ramius, I hate when people have issues with sales people... I had exactly the opposite happen with mine... the car they got me had more on it than I wanted and they didn't complain when I told them I didn't want a dealer sticker on my car, but I didn't have to pay any extra...
I dealt directly with the manager though so that may have helped... So far so good, I'm happy to not have pin striping tho.

OK ... to PinStripe ... or NOT to PinStripe? I kinda like it, but see what you mean about it looking a little "low rent". Did a test piece down the passenger side. Will re-do if I decide to do both sides.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I really like that color alot...
not fond of the pinstripe tho, just my preference on pinstriping....
It does not look bad though

I really like that color alot...
not fond of the pinstripe tho, just my preference on pinstriping....
It does not look bad though
Titanium Flash!! It's growing on me.

Yeah the stripe is almost unnecessary as light tends to almost have he same breaking effect at that body fold.

Rather than start a new thread, I though I would just revive this older one.

I "have a friend" who is considering pinstriping <strike>my</strike> his 2018 CX-5.

This caught <strike>my</strike> his eye

teaserbox_896447236.JPG

but there are no pics on the web showing a complete side shot of how it might be applied from front to back.

Anyone have pics they care to share? You can PM them to me if you don't want to come out in public. I'll be discrete.

(I have the strangest feeling I'm going to regret posting this, but I can always set up a different account with a fresh user name).

Last edited:
Back